Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Further to a previous post, I did some research on this auger and found out its manufacturer is no longer in business so parts for the machine itself are no longer available, but it does have a WA 58 Walbro carb, for which I bought a carb kit for the other day. It appears to be a typical 2 stroke engine. Not having worked on this type of carb (or one this small) I spoke to a local small engine repair guy and he gave me a quick lesson. Got home, sprayed carb cleaner into all the holes I could find, replaced the needle, diaphragms and gaskets. repaced the carb but it still wouldn't start so I sprayed some premix into the throat of the carb and it ran for a few seconds (a couple of times). Then it seemd to kick in and ran for about 10 minutes, then abruptly quit when i gave it full throttle.

Now it won't restart....

2 questions

Can someone explain how these diaphragm carbs work and

how come it won't start now?

Thanks

·
Registered
422 Posts
Further to a previous post, I did some research on this auger and found out its manufacturer is no longer in business so parts for the machine itself are no longer available, but it does have a WA 58 Walbro carb, for which I bought a carb kit for the other day. It appears to be a typical 2 stroke engine. Not having worked on this type of carb (or one this small) I spoke to a local small engine repair guy and he gave me a quick lesson. Got home, sprayed carb cleaner into all the holes I could find, replaced the needle, diaphragms and gaskets. repaced the carb but it still wouldn't start so I sprayed some premix into the throat of the carb and it ran for a few seconds (a couple of times). Then it seemd to kick in and ran for about 10 minutes, then abruptly quit when i gave it full throttle.

Now it won't restart....

2 questions

Thanks
Go here to download the service manual for all the Walbro series, as well as theory of operation:
http://wem.walbro.com/distributors/servicemanuals/
Are all the fuel lines in good shape, or are they hard?
hope this helps,
thanks,

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looking for TML parts

I just bought a used TML-35 ice auger and have original Operating manual and parts list if any one needs it
Hi, new to the forum. Looking for TML auger parts - the "cup" part that the dogs grab and possibly clutch springs. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
tml 35 ice auger

i was wondering if you got the manual for this ice auger. i have lost the governor off my machine so am looking for the right part and manual as well

·
Registered
358 Posts
I am Looking for a TML 35 recoil and housing dose any body know where I could find them
Need to have more #s
Thanks
calvin

·
Registered
1 Posts
does anyone have the manual and parts number for a recoil on a tml ice auger,i bought one last year in mint shape but the recoil doesnt work that good

·
Registered
2 Posts
Icemaster auger

Anyone still on here that has a copy of the operating manual/parts list for this auger? I would really appreciate it if I could get one from someone. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
tml 35 manual

If anyone could send me the manual that would be greatly appreciated. I can make it a public link too if that would help others.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
in desperate need of gas tank part #!!!

I just bought a used TML-35 ice auger and have original Operating manual and parts list if any one needs it
If you are still available to send this manual or anyone from this forum, it would greatly be appreciated!!! I got this auger brand new out of the box but the gas tank is shattered and un-repairable so i would like the part # for the gas tank and maybe find it somewhere at a local small engine shop or online??

at least if i had the part # i could start somewhere… thanks a lot!!

·
Registered
333 Posts

Now it won't restart....

2 questions

Thanks
Did this small engine guy warn you that certain types of carburetor cleaner (most are for larger carburetors) can damage the check valves in the Primer Body? Boy it did the first one I worked on and it's not repairable. The check valves are either rubber or plastic and it can be damaged easily. Also, did you force air into the two holes or try to clean it out with a Sharp object?

Take the carburetor off, use an extra fuel line connected to the body of the carburetor and put it in a glass of fuel. Put one on the connected to the Primer Body and hold it where you can see it. Pump the bulb serveral times. Do you see fuel? If you don't then the Primer body is damaged and can't be replaced.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Did this small engine guy warn you that certain types of carburetor cleaner (most are for larger carburetors) can damage the check valves in the Primer Body? Boy it did the first one I worked on and it's not repairable. The check valves are either rubber or plastic and it can be damaged easily. Also, did you force air into the two holes or try to clean it out with a Sharp object?

Take the carburetor off, use an extra fuel line connected to the body of the carburetor and put it in a glass of fuel. Put one on the connected to the Primer Body and hold it where you can see it. Pump the bulb serveral times. Do you see fuel? If you don't then the Primer body is damaged and can't be replaced.
Sharkys post is 7 years old and he has never been back.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts