Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
ho_addiction
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking for some advice as to which glue to use to keep my tires from coming off the wheels on my Tmaxx. I have some vicious looking wheels and tires, but when I try and drive it, they come off. Kinda spoils all the fun! :) Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
What are the wheels? Are they plastic or metal? If plastic, did you remove any chrome plating in the bead areas before gluing? Did you clean the tire with denatured alcohol before gluing?

Fusion is great tire glue, and I've had good results with Losi glue, as well.

·
ho_addiction
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The wheels are plastic. I just got the truck and the wheels and tires appear to be a new upgrade prior to me purchasing it. They are super wide and when I try and drive it, one of the rear tires comes completly off the rim. I just wanted some advice on the best glue to use before I messed them up. So are you saying that I must remove the plating from the wheels before I glue the tires on? I would imagine this would ensure a better bond correct?

·
Registered
1 Posts
If your rims are plated, you need to 'rough them up' with sand paper or even a wire wheel from your favorite rotary tool (this goes for unplated rims or aluminum rims as well). Just hit the channel - where the tire bead meets the rim. Then, clean the rim and tire bead with denatured alchohol, mount the tire to the rim, then gently pull back on the tire bead and place a drop of glue (I use losi medium CA) in the rim channel and release the tire bead. Do this 3-5 times around the tire and your meats should stay put. Don't flood the channel with glue - less is better when it comes to CA (it will 'wick', or flow, all the way around the rim). Once glued, pull on the sidewall of the tire at various points around the rim - if you notice any point where the tire pulls apart from the rim, shoot a drop of CA into the rim channel while pulling back on the tire sidewall, then release the tire. Your tire/rim bond should withstand a nuclear blast when you're done.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, i just got a t-maxx and just finished the break in and was having a good time doing wheelies and then right in the end of a wheelie one of me tires rip of the rim, the tire didn't come unglued.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts