Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Ive owned my tmaxx now for about 2 years and Im having some problems.

Seeing as it is a hobby i like to fix things on my own, and I have fixed many of my problems, but Im stuck on this one!

Problem :confused:
--------
Engine starts after 10mins of messing with the carb valve tuner. I can rev it at max speed, but the truck will only go 10mph!!! I think there is a problem with the transmission, but not sure, cause I've only run 10 tanks of gas on the truck in 2 YEARS!!!

If anyone has any ideas about why the tranny is acting up, please post! I will send paypal to anyone who actually comes up with the correct solution!

All solutions will be tried, thanks!

-Kevin :confused:

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Sounds like either your spur gear is loose (tighten the nut all the way then back off 1/4 turn) or stripped (replace it).
You shouldn't have to mess with the needles to start it. Put them back at recommended settings per your instructions.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ill try that spure gear thing in a few hrs, only 2am in the morning now =)

And im not exactly sure what you mean by the clutch, although the tranny isnt exactly wornt out I would hope not having been run much.

But ill throw a new spur gear on anyway, and see if i can find the clutch.

Thanks for your replies guys, ill let you know how it goes, any help meanwhile is more then appreciated!

·
Registered
151 Posts
I agree clutch or slipper clutch. To me the slipper clutch being too loose would be most likely. why? because it is not getting grip and it is spinning your spur gear vs. your axles and tranny. tighten the slipper clutch all the way then back off 1/4 of a turn. You may need a new spur gear. the clutch is on the front of the engine. remove the engine, remove the gear(clutch bell) from the front and make sure the shoes are not too worn(post pix of it you are not sure if they are to worn). I was also wondering if you broke in the engine or had someone break it in correctly. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fuel is brand new, And I will try the clutch thing , Im actaully getting sick atm and to tired to get up to work on it, but I will try everything posted, thanks a lot guys!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts