Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently made some borders for my new layout and I'd really like to get the tails of the cars to hang out over 'em (tomy track). The only cars I've ran since I've had my track are SG+, so I'm looking for something a little slower w/less downforce, I guess. Which would I be better off with? :freak:

-Dave

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I think it depends on what you like... The XT's are a little slower, the T-Jets are a lot slower. Both will hang their tails out like dlw states. They are both fun as heck to drive, why not run them both?

·
Slotcar Fanatic
13,013 Posts
Any of the pancake style chassis cars will give you what you seek. Those new AW XTs & Tjets will even give you some pretty decent speed out of the box.

:thumbsup: rr

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Our entire program it built around the sideways sliding M/T's and X/T's. We run winged Outlaw style sprint car bodies and hang the tails out all the way around, even with polymer magnets.

I should note that the fastest lap ran on my 1/6th mile (13.75' per lap) 4 lane oval by a pancake car is 1.382 seconds with a Mean Green armature, polymer magnets, AJ's silicone tires and wing with offset panels, that translates to about 394.73 scale MPH. A stock 440X2 open wheel car runs right at .993 seconds, so on a short oval at least, the pancake cars are still pretty fast.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts