Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody, looked to buy tier truer. To cut foam tires . The guys at the track said to get a Max mad I think that's what they said. Any way they said I just missed one on e-bay. My question is a I'd been looking at Hudy they are a little expensive. But are they worth the money . Or there are something else I should look into. Appreciate any help. Thank you

·
Premium Member
8,393 Posts
Hi everybody, looked to buy tier truer. To cut foam tires . The guys at the track said to get a Max mad I think that's what they said. Any way they said I just missed one on e-bay. My question is a I'd been looking at Hudy they are a little expensive. But are they worth the money . Or there are something else I should look into. Appreciate any help. Thank you
Integy makes a nice one, price is real right. I like my Cobra, but most guys don't for some reason.
Max Mods are hard to find and it sounds like they are going to start making them again. Good luck.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
8,569 Posts
The cobra is a great truer, especially with the carbide cutter. The integy has a little less run out and has good power as well but you need a battery or power supply to run it. Also the integy cutting blade leaves a lot to be desired so I fitted mine with the WT cutter as well and it works very well.
i like my cobra ac with a carbine bit from murdocks rc.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
I have had a Cobra Trackside truer,a Mini Maxmod,2 Integy auto truers,and a Hudy Unervesal manual crank.

The main thing is to have a carbide cutter blade.

My fav so far is the Inetgy auto.

Jake

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Inetgy auto hands down the best i have ever used. went to home Depot and got a Millwalkee sawzall carbide blade and cut it up made alot of cutting blades

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I have the cobra truer. What arbors should i get to fit TM rear tires on? Fits the fronts but can't get the rears to where the threads come out far enough to tighten it on.

·
Premium Member
8,569 Posts
The threaded rod is adjustable, you can run it out till the arbors will fit

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I have the cobra truer. What arbors should i get to fit TM rear tires on? Fits the fronts but can't get the rears to where the threads come out far enough to tighten it on.
Go to your local hardware store and pick you up a piece of 8-32 allthread rod, and make you a longer threaded rod. That will do the trick. It did for my cobra AC lathe anyhow. Or, you could just back the "stock" rod out and run the risk of it coming loose during tire cutting.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
i use a max mod mini.. its a bit messy.. but it can chew a tire in no time flat, and with one of the murdock heads, it works great. now, if can i'd love to have a 2nd truer for "cleaning up", such as the hudy, integy, eagle, etc.. wtih a carbide blade.

:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi guys, first off thanks everybody for the information. I need help one more time. there are two Integy models. one is ( 2717 ) and the other ( 22339 ) which one. is there any difference. thank you

·
Registered
659 Posts
u want the C22339 or the C22610 they are the Auto cut ones. One has a Side sander built in.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts