Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've got some locals who are looking to run cars they already have on a new local dirt oval track

The track is 205 ft. runline

The surface is dirt - and while it packs down really good, they drag it with chainlink and keep it soft and wet.

Looking for tire ideas for vehicles like

Buggies
T3-T4 trucks

Touring Car (Like a TC3)

and Short Course Trucks

·
Registered
108 Posts
Loose dirt

All suggestions are based on my experiences on a loose dirt track in KS( Checkered Flag that is in rcdriver for the Kansas Dirt Oval Championships).

Buggies- when wet and loose- ribs on front, ifmar pins on rear- worked for a lot of conditions- when it dries out x200's and holeshots- bowties on rear work for a lot of conditions also

Trucks- ribs on front- bowties on back for almost all conditions- holeshots if it dries out or has very little fluff

TC- HPI rally tires worked when wet and or fluffy- HPI pirelli tires when hard packed or dry with little fluff.

Hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
3,140 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,140 Posts
For trucks, I'd bet JConcepts 'Bar Codes' would be good. I use either LOSI 'BK-Bars' or JConcepts 'Bar Codes' on my sprint car and latemodel, so the truck bar codes should be good, with better side bite than bow ties...

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TOM,

Thanks for the heads up on the "SOFT" vs the "MEDIUMS" - I had planned to go Medium - I WILL get softs instead!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts