Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
ask for it at your local drug store, some will have it, some won't

apply to tires and let soak for a half hour and check, if left on too long it will render tires too soft for use, you will have to gauge it depending on the tire type you are trying to soften

keep checking every half hour till the tires are as soft as you want

wash out winter green oil with dish washing liquid after desired softness is attained

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
really fred said:

apply to tires and let soak for a half hour and check, if left on too long it will render tires too soft for use, you will have to gauge it depending on the tire type you are trying to soften

wash out winter green oil with dish washing liquid after desired softness is attained
Cool, Im off to check the drug stores...Thanks for the help..Oh one more thing, Im led to assume it will stay soft for awhile or do you have to repeat? Thanks again..Jeff

·
Registered
201 Posts
wd 40 will work also, but if too much will make tires actually come apart.

Joes Bannana hand cream will work along with some suntan lotions.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
really fred said:

Hey Fred.......no need to get the stuff for me...I got it worked out...Jeff

·
Registered
587 Posts
We run pinks or silvers on all 4 corners.
We use grease when the track is getting a blue groove!!
have you guys used Paragon ( wintergreen) does it work

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
There are some guys up here who use paragon FX2 and traction action, but I dont believe anyone has tried the black canned wintergreen stuff.

Trinity Death grip and zip free also works

·
Registered
854 Posts
shaving cream works also, anything with lanolin will work.
If your dealing with old tires you want to bring back to life coat them with lighter fluid and wipe off then apply the tire softner you like to use. the reason for the lighter fluid is to open up the poors of the foam.

·
Registered
854 Posts
ovalnator said:
There are some guys up here who use paragon FX2 and traction action, but I dont believe anyone has tried the black canned wintergreen stuff.

Trinity Death grip and zip free also works
ssssssssssnnnnnnniff I LOVE PARAGON !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
259 Posts
also remember that what works in one region will not work or work as well as in others, so I would look towards suggestions comming from someone in your region to be the ones to try first becuse they are familliar with the soiltypes in your area.

lets face it if i was the defending wdra bb champ and had won all the races on the series, and then dominated all the big races in the ny, pa area and told you guys that i used turpentine and cheese whiz on my tires for a "soak juice" some guy would actually try it. granted we all know i would actually be running foams..... but you see what i mean.....i hope :) :tongue:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts