Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you using for a tire traction compound this season?? I seen team orion is coming out with a traction compound in a spray bottle... ??? what are you using???
James

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
If they allow Paragon Ground Effect for flat track you can't go wrong.

If you are required to run odorless compounds then check out Corally's Jack the Gripper or Paragon's Odorless (I think it's called Traction Action) or Niftech's new compounds.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Paragon on LR, RR, LF w/tq modified on the right front. I like tq mod because it grips quicker but is less aggressive on the rubber than paragon. It stays consistant through a race without gaining as much grab as the tires warm up. This is especially true with purples and rubber in that class. The other great thing is that I dont have to do bands on the right front to achieve the bite I want. With tq mod you can sauce the whole tire and go. But whatever you do. Do not Soak your tires. Wipe on, wipe off is the way to go. this will keep the rubber in good condition through the day of racing. If you soak them they will turn to mush in a hurry, then the car handling goes too. Stay away from jack the gripper if possible. It will destroy tires and your race track.

Rob @ Murdock R/C & Performance

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Slider,
BSR Radial Sure Grip works very well on caps. I also use tire patching prep cleaner for cleaning the build-up off caps after a run, works great, is cheap and easy to find all NAPA stores ( Waltrip fan ) carry it.

Lee Helander :cool:
Velocity R/C

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Be careful with niftech as well. That is real bad for soaking in and really opening up the rubber cells. Which is bad. Niftech and jack the gripper can be good stuff. But there is a bigger downside to them that I have found over many years of testing the different products that have come and gone.

Radials like sure grip or stick-et. Both products do a good job as long as your tires have been cleaned before using them.

Rob @ Murdock R/C & Performance

1 - 10 of 10 Posts