Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
tips on finding super thunts ? and why no camaros in stores?

i just started collecting camaro hot wheels and now trying to get some super t hunts.
i am looking at ebay auctions to try to find difference between the super and regs but some of them look pretty close.

is there a pic anywhere that shows the regs and supers right next to each other and tell you which one is the super?that would help me out a lot

i am about to go hit 10 stores today so please help me soon thanks

also why are camaro hotwheels so rare in ny?i have only found 2 and been to over 20 stores

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Super Trea$ure Hunts will have different paint and different wheels. You really just need to learn the hobby as you go for identifying the different wheels. Take a look at the premium series like the "Boulevard" and Nostalgia" lines, and the older "Garage" series. The wheels that you find on these series are similar to the wheels found on "Super" Treasure Hunts, and early treasure hunts.

Up until 2000-something, almost all treasure hunts came with premium wheels. For some time after that, the treasure hunts were very similar to regular series cars.

The early "Super Trea$ure Hunts" had an $ in place of the S in treasure on the package, as well as the premium style wheels. The paint was also closer to the old Spectraflame style paint used in the first Hot Wheels made back in the late 1960s (looks shiny, but not in a metal flake way). These will still be on green stripe blistercards. Last year they did away with the "Super" series, and did hidden treasure hunts that people still call "Supers". These will be normal blue stripe cards, but once again with the premium wheels and different paint than the regular cars.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I am not sure which part of NY you are in, or which Camaro you are looking for, but around Elmira, I have found all kinds of Camaros. The Copo, the Iroc, the second gen......

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Biggest advice I can give you is just to keep trying. I make the rounds in my area two or three times per week, and I luck out about once a month (give or take). That's a lot of trips where I come home with something I really like (but not a TH) because I saw it while looking for the TH's.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks a lot guys i went to 10 stores today and only found 2 zl1 camaro blue at toys r us

yea if i thought it was a super thunt i was looking at the wheels to see if they are rubber and didnt find any.all super thunts have rubber wheels right?

i am in long island if anyone wants to sell 2010+ camaros or trade

thank you

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
Travis, just keep in mind that others may be looking for those Treasure Hunts too. So don't get discouraged if you don't find them right away. You may find one tomorrow, but a lot of it is just being in the right place at the right time, and searching through the cars thoroughly. They have a way of popping up when you least expect it, so just enjoy yourself looking for your Camaros, and whatever else you like.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Bend over and grab your ankles. look up your Ace. If you see one, you win. If you don't , you lose. Sorry. this many post and you are looking for supers? Again, look up your Ace,:)

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
Bend over and grab your ankles. look up your Ace. If you see one, you win. If you don't , you lose. Sorry. this many post and you are looking for supers? Again, look up your Ace,:)
Gee are you the post count police? Why act like such a jerk?

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Ya, you are right. not cool. then again , I never claimed to be. Why question me on someone looking how to to find supers instead of a post or two posting the super cool mainlines they found? Not being a jerk.I have NEVER presented myself as a jerk here. Have you ever looked at the guest count views as opposed to the member views when it comes to Supers? Lets's be frank. Supers blow goats but all the trailer trash think they are Faberge Eggs. If that is the only reason you sign up then BOOO YAAA!. If you are sincerely interested, then start off with 'Hi ... How the hell are ya?"
Gee are you the post count police? Why act like such a jerk?

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
I've been collecting since 1998... at first pretty hardcore...backed waaay off in the early 2000's..... now I just look when I happen to be in a store or passing by one I haven't been in for a while....

Have found 1 super in all that time.... and it was one of those Quombee things...yuk...back a number of years ago when they were still doing supers with a green stripe

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
how the hell are ya z06?
and i have all regs i been collecting them ..i just found out about supers never looked into them thats why i asked.sorry we all want rare things

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
No worries. I just get a little uppity when it comes to newbies asking about Supers right off the bat. I am not a authority or or any kind of scalper police or count police. Supers T- Hunts are manufactured, so called rare items that have the masses seeking for them, but the the REAL cool stuff is vintage pre 80's diecast. All this new stuff is trash that won't be worth anything 6 months after it is issued.BTW, How the hell are you?:)
how the hell are ya z06?
and i have all regs i been collecting them ..i just found out about supers never looked into them thats why i asked.sorry we all want rare things

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No worries. I just get a little uppity when it comes to newbies asking about Supers right off the bat. I am not a authority or or any kind of scalper police or count police. Supers T- Hunts are manufactured, so called rare items that have the masses seeking for them, but the the REAL cool stuff is vintage pre 80's diecast. All this new stuff is trash that won't be worth anything 6 months after it is issued.BTW, How the hell are you?:)
i understand i am not in it to make any money just love camaros and "rare" cars

i am good

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Not for me to judge whether you are good or not, but if you want a SWEET Real Rider Camaro, check out the newest Boulevard. I was ROAK'd it and it is awesome. Not the big prices like a Super, for the masses. It is metal base unlike most Supers and is a great little car.:)

i understand i am not in it to make any money just love camaros and "rare" cars

i am good

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
Which Camaro T-Hunts are you talking about?
The $upers will not say any thing about being a T-Hunt on the card, it will say TH someplace on the body, you'll have to look very carefully at them.
There are 2 different $uper T-Hunts this year and there have been a few others over the years.
Go to South Texas diecast and you'll see pictures of the different ones.
The only thing I can say like everyone else is patience and right palce right time, there is no real method, unless you know the stores routine.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Well guess who isnt gonna get a super in their raok if i pull your name. Lol.
Your gonna get sone old beat up 30 year old cars. Thatll learn ya. :p

Seriously though, there are some really cool supers out that the paint is really nice and anything with RR is always awesome.
I chase em heck yeah. I enjoy the thrill and the cars equally. Also enjoy finding more than one and tradin it with someone that has one i havent found. Makes 2 people happy for the grand ol price of a buck

NoW i also get the same thrill finding an old 1950s lesney or redline in a 5/$1 bucket at the flea market. I think that makes me shake more than anything else.

As far as tips, only thing i can offer is that i have found most of mine first thing in the morning. In my area which seems to differ than many others, they seem to deploy dump bins around 2-3pm. But first thing in morning on my way to work stopping at 2 stores has led me to find a couple.

You need to find the timing for our area and get to know the other collectors in your area. If possible befriend and share/coordinate with them. Better to have them as your friend and trading buddy than your direct competition. Otherwise youll find yourself in a game of one upsmanship which would quickly sap the fun from the hobby of collecting and quickly turn it into just a game to beat the oter guy.

Im new to the hobby meself and am no expert. I stop at stores all different times when im able and sometimes will plan specisl trips to try and coincide with shipments. Ask the employees. I was at a toys r us 2 weeks ago and asked if thu received any of the new hotwheels. I told him they are coming out with new angry birds and scooby doo cars. He said no but i should have a truck come in on wednesday and sai i should come back then.

I did make a special trip that day and they had cases and cases of them. I pulled a new chevelle wagon super tht day. So dont be fraid to ask and always clean up after yourself. Lol. Ive seen my share of grown men make bigger messes than my 20month old tornado.

Just enjoy the hunt and the spoils
Oh and share.

Welcome to the sickness.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts