Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For a couple years been looking for a diecast to duplicate my '72 Honda 600Z in HO.

This car predates the Civic and had just a 600cc aircooled vertical twin for power, 10" wheels....I drove in the Winter of '74-'75 from North Dakota to Arizona, then California, then all the way to Key West, Florida and finally back to Fargo.

The body is resin, held on with foam tape to a shortened Slim line. ...Tom

·
Duke Dave of Sealand
2,879 Posts
Very cool.. Hows the wattage mileage?

Dave

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
Ok Tom! You cant just post up something cool like this without showing us the innards! I love chassis mods.

So how many Liliputians do you have working for you? Dang that's small and yet still nicely detailed.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Excellent !! I love it and it reminds me when I was a kid. My wife's neighbor owns an orange one. I recall it's rear window, kinda TV set look alike

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Very very nice. I remember the 1200cc cvcc's looked huge in comparison.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Really cool car. I have a tiny, I think its a Toyota, that I started to do but I have to cut the back of the chassis off to do it so I tabled it for now. I really enjoy my tiny MEV Mini. Tiny cars are fun.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Magnuts said:
The body is resin, held on with foam tape to a shortened Slim line. ...Tom
Needless to say that it if you have one body for sale, I'll take it.... Some pics of your short chassis could be cool too

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
I had an Orange 76 civic. it was really a cool little car that handled great in the snow.

As for the car.. too cool.. but Bill is right, you HAVE to show us the some chassis pics.. come on man, it's not nice to tease slotaholics.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
hey I did a weensy little Tjet like that once...

this is a New Mini diecast body. I think it's by Cararama or somesuch... the body was held on to the base with a Phillips head screw, I believe. It's not officially mounted on the slot car chassis. The rocker panels squeeze just enough on the JLTO chassis that it held for a few laps. I had to hack away at the chassis a little to get it to go on that far...

--rick

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK, guys...here I'm thinking the body is the story, not the chassis...It's a Slimline with the rear chopped off and the front sectioned. Features a brass tube front Axle, LT Racing independent fronts, .345 Wizzard front tires, reverse guide pin, shortened BSRT 504 pickups, AFX Specialty crown, LT Racing rear wheels with .345 Rocket Science tires, Thunder Slim motor brushes.
more pix on this page: http://www.bat-jet.com/webspot/600z.html...no plans to sell it because of all the chassis work required, I was thinking about doing some different bodies for Slim Lines...not convinced there is any demand for that though... Tom

1 - 14 of 14 Posts