Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a tiny JL Enterprise that received damage from a fall. I mean damage from a warp nacelle breach. I have one engine pylon and one engine and my thought was to turn this wreck into a "survey ship". Any thoughts on how I should proceed with moving the pylon and mounting the engine? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Like this?

If so maybe a razor saw to remove the secondary hull and what ever is left of the engine pylon.

Sand a curve in the bottom of the neck glue the engine and then a small strip of plastic over scar left by the pylon?

That should keep the painting to a minimum.

·
Administrator
25,954 Posts
I also like the ideal of a nacelle breach. The starboard side pieces could be cast into or onto a clear resin piece/pieces with a large piece taking out the port side engine at the pylon....

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With out looking, I had forgotten what that ship looked like. But that IS the idea.
Like this?

If so maybe a razor saw to remove the secondary hull and what ever is left of the engine pylon.

Sand a curve in the bottom of the neck glue the engine and then a small strip of plastic over scar left by the pylon?

That should keep the painting to a minimum.

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also like the ideal of a nacelle breach. The starboard side pieces could be cast into or onto a clear resin piece/pieces with a large piece taking out the port side engine at the pylon....
Funny you mention that. I have a cloaked Romulan Bird of Prey that is broken! It is missing an engine, so maybe I could do some sort of fade as if the cloak was failing.

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The ship is not done yet. My dry-dock is nowhere near as impressive as Starfleet's, but I make do. And I did talk to Mr. Scott about some help with this project, but he is full of excuses "The Captain needs this! The Captain needs that!" so no help for me there. Meanwhile, the engine is ready.

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As I play with the build of the little survey ship I am watching "Rise of Skywalker". Is that messed up or what?

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I did finish this. Unless I re-do it. I am not 100% happy with the joint at the saucer section to engine. But what ever.
This was "found" in Starfleet's unofficial records and was reported in the Intergalactic Inquirer under the headline "Starship Flees Space Grass after Captain Caught with Grass Princess!"

I know, these class of ships NEVER LANDED ON PLANETS. That is one of the things I dislike about the re-boot. But that is another thread.

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Last picture.

I was expecting these small models to be solid plastic. But the engines turned out to be 2 sections glued together!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts