Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like this casting very much! Everything seems to be right: paint, details, add-ons, cool interior, overall apearance... I experimented with the wheels a bit, and think that these look quite nice on the DeLorean. Hope you like it too. :)

Some hovering action... :p

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
At one time, there was an article with pictures on one of the boards here (or there) where someone took all those pipes and wires and things off of the JL DeLorean and made it look stock again. That would be cool to see once more. I'd like to have a stock looking JL DeLorean in my 1/64 car collection...if only they made one.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Midnightrun: I just put a small cylinder below the car...but had to be careful with the shadows.

Aqua: Stock DeLorean would be very cool! Maybe...in the FUTURE! :p

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
Nice work! :thumbsup: One of my favorite Hollywood On Wheels cars!

AQUA XK8 said:
I'd like to have a stock looking JL DeLorean in my 1/64 car collection...if only they made one.
You are not alone! Count me in too.

I suspect the DeLorean gets passed over because they don't think there's much else they could do with the casting, but there are several different dtripe combinations available for DeLoreans, each of which give it a unique appearance. DeLorean also did a few gold DeLoreans right at the end of production, and there are a few painted DeLoreans as well.

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Swifty said:
there are a few painted DeLoreans as well.
Sean, I remember reading in Car & Driver back then that they were experimenting with anodized colors on stainless steel, not painted. Too many people complained that the cars looked "bare metal" (unpainted) and JD's answer was a subtle anodized "tint". That didn't fly either, so it was never released.

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
carnut2256 said:
Sean, I remember reading in Car & Driver back then that they were experimenting with anodized colors on stainless steel, not painted. Too many people complained that the cars looked "bare metal" (unpainted) and JD's answer was a subtle anodized "tint". That didn't fly either, so it was never released.
I was talking about custom paint jobs by real DeLorean owners. Most are pretty bad- the DeLorean doesn't look right in any color that isn't stainless steel. There's even a lifted DeLorean... monster truckin'!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts