Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:woohoo:

Been awhile since I added one of these to the stable. This one's called "The Vampire" like I said the whole car industry's running out of names. This one started out as one of those funny lookin' cars whose front end is taller than the back and the motor lights up. The first one I found in a flea market still worked and my grandson scarfed it for his toy box. Didn't have the heart to cut it up after that. So the HWs gods smiled on my action and gave me another the next week at another flea market. A broken "Bat9" gave up its chassis and two "Screaming Haulers" donated motors. The low skirts allowed me to get rid of another set of crappy HW wheels. So all in all no good cars were sacrificed for this project. Hope ya enjoy the shots.

·
Registered
5,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the appreciation Stang.

What was it the old Camel Cigarette ad used to say? "Not for everyone; but then they don't try to be." That's kind of the way I think about customs I make. Unless I'm doing a replication I do have a tendency to lean toward the weird. Not throwing off on no one's work. But I don't see as much of the "out of the box" thinking that inspired me when I first started doing this over ten years ago. I don't know if it's the shift towards more attention to dios, new blood that hasn't got to the point of seeing the strange in the lines of several cars and then make an attempt to combine those lines, or what. I did notice a change from the strange and odd to more "streetable" builds when "Dioramas" was added to the "Diecast Customizing" heading here. I'd really like to see some more odd stuff come back to this board. I know there's builders out there that, on a bad day, leaves my stuff in the dust. I'd like to see more of that. If guidelines could ever be figured; maybe a custom junkyard build? The guidlines would have to be minimal. Something like: At least two cars would have to go into the body....Just a thought.

Outlaw Diecast: "A daily driver" And people think I'm nuts! :tongue: It'd sure grab some attention at the stop lights. That might be a good road test for Torpedo when or if they let him out of that French jail. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
438 Posts
While my own projects are typically "correct" replicas of real cars, I truly enjoy seeing your wild conversions. Both the concept and execution are always amazing. You don't just push the envelope, you blow it wide open! I say keep 'em coming.

Thanks,
Rick V.

·
Registered
5,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Replications of prototypes, Can Am's, SCCA and some NHRA & AHRA stuff is what got me started in this hobby. To get them "correct" is as much of a challenge if not more so than chopping a couple up and seeing how they fall back together. The research to get them right is what takes the time for me. The internet has made that and other research sooooo much easier. Not to mention being able to make my own decal sheets. I'd like to see some of your stuff.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.