Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
Except for the Red Baron, the other cars look like stuff from 1976. I guess the price is where it is supposed be. But that is still a bit much for me.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
According to South Texas, the Buzz Off is a rare color and worth $900 by itself... this might have some ways to climb yet before it ends in 4 hours.

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Great set indeed. If the price is justified or not, it's definitely out of my range. Still, it's a great find for someone who can afford it. If I had that sort of cash, I'd probably go for vintage Lesney first. :)

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Selling price of $738.99 after 21 bids. That works out to around $123 per car, with a free case.

Not how I'd spend the better part of a grand either, but oh well, at least they're minty.

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
Selling price of $738.99 after 21 bids. That works out to around $123 per car, with a free case.

Not how I'd spend the better part of a grand either, but oh well, at least they're minty.
That is what it eventually went for. A lot of money, at least to me. If soemone has that extra floating around more power to them., if not then the conversation would go something like-"you spent how much on what?". Those don't usually end very nicely.

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ha, no they don't. I figure the average person who has that to spend, likely has quite a bit of expendable income and/or no family members to support, or kick them for spending it on six toy cars... A lot of older men in this hobby with savings and pensions etc. and old diecast is their crack.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Many times these types of items are purchased on the assumption the buyer will resell and get even more. Not always the case though. Way out of my price range just to say I have it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts