Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this new a few years back.
It's a Wacky Winners picture of the Tijuana Taxi that’s about 8"x10" and hand signed by Tom Daniel with '96 written under his signature.
It has a Playing Mantis logo in the lower left corner.

Is it a limited edition?
Does it have any value today?

Thanks
Six

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Tom autographed many for me the second year of LightningFest. They were then given away as door prizes. I have around five different cards signed and I think they are priceless. Wacky's were my favorite series and I love TD cars so I'm jaded. The "96" has me confused as he did mine in 2002. Perhaps along the lines someone sent him one or had him sign at a show earlier?

PM has not made that series in years and those cards are no longer available from PM so I think they have value. I know I will not sell mine.

Mark

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
thanks to dip he got me a few of those pics from fest and i wont get rid of them i think there cool and plan on putting them in frames to hang on the wall of my new hobby room. along with my jl jacket, :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought it off the Playing Mantis site in 1996 but don’t remember what I paid for it. I thought it was advertised as "1 of 1000" or somthing like that.
I posted here because I can’t find any details about it anywhere!

It's a cool piece but I am selling several things I have collected over the years and wasn’t sure about this one.

Thanks for the quick replies!!

Six

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
I found a bunch hidden within the FAO Wacky Winner sets.
None of those were signed but I absolutley cherish the framed july 4th autograph from Tom D, that Markhos was so kind as to send me.

WACKY WIENERS ROCK!!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts