Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a couple of the new Racin' Rigs, and I noticed the trailers wobble and lean a lot more than the original AFX ones. Even running down a straightaway, mine tend to lean back and forth. I thought that was odd, since they are pretty close to a direct copy. After comparing them to an original for a while, the only thing I found that seemed real different was that the pin on the bottom of the trailer that goes into the hole in the back of the tractor seems to be a much looser fit, allowing the trailer to lean. The original AFX seemed to have a much smaller tolerance between the sizes of the pin and the hole, so the tractor helps hold the trailer upright. Anybody else notice this? Anybody do anything about it? I was thinking of sleeving the pin and drilling the hole so the sleeve just fits in it... any other ideas?

thanks in advance...

--rick

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i know this is an old thread, but i only got around to fooling with these just now... the scotch tape thing worked like a charm. wrapped 2 thicknesses around the post and it's just a little snug in the hole. works GREAT.

--rick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts