Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,018 Posts
ParkRNDL said:
Be aware that to get the most out of these cars, you might eventually want to invest in a couple of controllers that are a step up in quality from the ones that come in standard slot car sets. The standard controllers are going to seem like "on-off" switches... either you're going too fast for the next curve or you're stopped. A higher-ohm controller (they're probably about $35-$40 each between the Parma controller and the custom high-ohm resistor) makes them much more controllable and fun to drive.

Just my 2 cents, I'm sure others will chime in with opinions...

--rick
For an out of the box controller, the Tyco/Mattel ones seem to work better for T-Jets than the Tomy or the LL.

· Registered
1,018 Posts
I have 2 different kinds of Tomy controllers. Both types of controllers are identical, except for the plug ends. One has plug ends that are very similar to the Tyco. They are actually interchangable with the Tyco controllers. I have actually used them on my Tyco track. The other style has completely different plug ends, which allow you to plug them up either way and reverse the polarity.

I also have 2 different styles of LL. One has a plug similar to Tyco and can actually be used with Tyco track. The other is hard wired to the terminal track.

Tjets don't fit AFX. AFX is a slighty larger scale and snaps onto the chassis. Tjets have screws that hold the bodies on.

I like the reverse polarity feature on the Tomy track. I think the Tomy actually has smoother connections, but still most of my track is Tyco. The Tjets run pretty good on it. I'm happy with my Tyco track, but I need some of those aftermarket curves.

One day I'll have a track like the hobby shop guys with Parma or equivalent controllers, computer lap counter, several lanes and no track connections!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.