Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question, and maybe I oughta be askin the slot car fellas. But, I have sourced a thunderjet GTO WL for $12 shipped. Is this a good deal? Most slot car WL's seem to fetch at least $20. I thought I might buy it to trade it.

What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
I only have a few slots, no WLs, so don't know much about them. $12.00 shipped sounds very safe to me. Nice score !!!

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
slow5poh said:
well i didn't buy it just yet, i was debating if i should.
A slot car - any slot car - sells for $12-15 new. A WL (White Thunder, actually) is worth $12 all day long.

Buy it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Nice score :thumbsup: It's not actually a slot car, it's a pullback car, but like it says the body will fit most Aurora and T-Jet chassis. :)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh, I thought it was a slot car. Maybe that was why it was so cheap. Well, anyway I like it, and maybe I can trade it away fro something else.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
thats a ok price those thunderjet500 pull backs are close to the lowest grade wls though they sell for 5-10 without shipping all the time there on the same level as the commemerative wls that you can barley give away i bought a baja bug wl from that set thought they were like all wls and so i thought 20$ shipped was a good deal i like the car but ive come to find out i got hosed as ive seen many got for 10-15 shipped since

if you get the new thunderjets though the actual slot cars that are from 2004 and up or so they would be a steal for 12$ shipped as new they are 12$ for the regulars and hard to find

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
I remember the huge Dollar Tree bonanza back years ago - there were MANY of these Thunderjet 500 pullbacks found for $1.00 along with British Invasion, Team Lightning, and several other series. I wish they would get in some new cars, but Canada got everything LOL! :freak:

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OH well. At least I didn't pay that much for it, if it's not worth that much and i can't trade it for anything good I'll be happy with keeping it. It's a nice lookin car to me, and my first white thunder.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
FastC6Vette said:
I remember the huge Dollar Tree bonanza back years ago - there were MANY of these Thunderjet 500 pullbacks found for $1.00 along with British Invasion, Team Lightning, and several other series. I wish they would get in some new cars, but Canada got everything LOL! :freak:
is that why dollar tree is listed on the jl site as a suplier cause i have never sen jl at any dollar tree and it seems those ones way back then were all theve ever had?

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
vw-wl-collector said:
is that why dollar tree is listed on the jl site as a suplier cause i have never sen jl at any dollar tree and it seems those ones way back then were all theve ever had?
Dollar Tree hasn't gotten any cars in for several years. I wish they would get new cars in, but very unlikely. :cry:

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
they got them once after that maybe a year later , I can't remeber the series that were hitting , some of the American blue in boxes , some places got lightning brigade ( not around here ) and Willys gassers were at some

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
i think the days of dollar tree finds and big lots finds are now long gone since the dumping that took place at walmart/canada....looks like it was the final "clearing of the old stuff from the warehouse to make room for the 2007 releases"....

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Maybe I'm just a big crybaby, but I have been looking for whites in northern CA for 6 yrs. I have only ever found ONE WL. Then canada gets dumped seems like thousands of WL's mostly to people who only want to sell them for profit on evil bay. Oh well, why I am bitching, the evil bay seller fees keep going up and up!!! What's a collector to do........

:cry:

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
slow5poh said:
Maybe I'm just a big crybaby, but I have been looking for whites in northern CA for 6 yrs. I have only ever found ONE WL. Then canada gets dumped seems like thousands of WL's mostly to people who only want to sell them for profit on evil bay. Oh well, why I am bitching, the evil bay seller fees keep going up and up!!! What's a collector to do........

:cry:
If RC2 had decided to dump all those $1 Johnnie's in your area, would you not have cleaned up on as many as possible for trades or for selling? Someone is going to buy them, and you can only keep so many. Since Canada may (?) have been WL deprived over the years, it's just karma working it's way back north.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts