Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I passed up this casting a few times at the local HW rack and then I decided it needed some help. The anemic 283 HP on the hood had to go with the addition of the blown big block. Some new wheels and a polish job and this car finally fits the bill.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I love this chevy JayM. Great job on the new engine and wheelswap. :) And add to the fact it has my favourite number on the side (also my birthdate). I am currently watching one on ebay and am going to buy it as I haven't seen any where I live. One question though... where are you guys getting the big block engines and rubber tyres/wheels from? I have yet to see any cars with either of these where I live but I would love to get some. Can you buy them seperately anywhere? Or do they only come on a certain car? I'd love to replicate you car JayM and also but a Big Block in my '67 Camaro. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Cougar23

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love this chevy JayM. Great job on the new engine and wheelswap. :) And add to the fact it has my favourite number on the side (also my birthdate). I am currently watching one on ebay and am going to buy it as I haven't seen any where I live. One question though... where are you guys getting the big block engines and rubber tyres/wheels from? I have yet to see any cars with either of these where I live but I would love to get some. Can you buy them seperately anywhere? Or do they only come on a certain car? I'd love to replicate you car JayM and also but a Big Block in my '67 Camaro. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Cougar23
Howdy Cougar.
The motors I have been using come out of the Maisto Pro Rods pro street series. The motors are easy to remove and the seem to fit well in all the HW cars I have done. The wheels are from a HW Larry's Garage Boneshaker. The base of the chevy will need to be modified to take the back wheels. The axles will need to be shortened front and rear. The wheels just fit and the car rolls well. There are a bunch of the Chevy and the Boneshaker here in Seattle if you need some let me know I will pick them up for you. You can find them on the evil auction empire too. Let me know if I can help. J

·
Registered
78 Posts
Thanks for your reply JayM. I would love to get a set of those wheels, a motor, and a Chevy to make up myself. Could you possibly give me a rough price for all these things in US dollars. Do you know how much postage would be to east coast Australia (NSW)?
Your info is greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Cougar23

·
Registered
78 Posts
Sorry for the double post but...could you please quote me on these cars and postage as well.

Dairy Delivery
Bone Shaker
'68 Mercury Cougar XR-7 (Pref. Blue with white roof, stripes, and interior)
T-Bucket
'33 Ford Roadster (Pref. Black and White with Red interior)
The '57 Chev shown on this page.
Another set of the Boneshaker wheels.
A Big Block motor.

And postage to NSW, Australia.
US dollars is fine. I am still thinking about it but do you have a paypal account?

Cheers, Cougar23

1 - 11 of 11 Posts