Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Old School Dinosaur
2,130 Posts
Saw them today at WW. HW Prototype 12 and the Airy 8. Picked up the HW Proto 12 cause I collect this casting, left the 8.

·
Old School Dinosaur
2,130 Posts
I believe they are trying to tie these into the Epiphany. Here's a short piece I borrowed from a web site on the Epiphany.
http://www.crivoice.org/cyepiph.html

"In western Christian tradition, January 6 is celebrated as Epiphany. It goes by other names in various church traditions. In Hispanic and Latin culture, as well as some places in Europe, it is known as Three Kings’ Day (Span: el Dia de los Tres Reyes, la Fiesta de Reyes, or el Dia de los Reyes Magos; Dutch: Driekoningendag). Because of differences in church calendars, mainly between the Eastern Orthodox and the western Catholic and Protestant traditions, both Christmas and Epiphany have been observed at different times in the past. Today, most of the Eastern Orthodox traditions follow the western church calendar. The exceptions are some Greek Orthodox Churches and related traditions (e.g., Russian and Serbian Orthodox) that still follow the older calendar and celebrate Epiphany as the Theophany on January 19th.

Epiphany is the climax of the Christmas Season and the Twelve Days of Christmas, which are usually counted from December 25th until January 5th. In most traditions, the day before Epiphany is the Twelfth Day of Christmas, the evening of which is called Twelfth Night. This is an occasion for feasting in some cultures, including the baking of a special King's Cake as part of the festivities of Epiphany (a King's Cake is part of the observance of Mardi Gras in French Catholic culture of the Southern USA). In some church traditions, January 5th is considered the Eleventh Day of Christmas, while the evening is still counted as the Twelfth Night, the beginning of the Twelfth day of Christmas the following day. In these traditions the Twelfth Day of Christmas is January 6th, the Epiphany."
I added the bold to this Quote

·
Registered
24 Posts
I picked two up of these. Although they may not be worth collecting for the cars. Still nice to have something somewhat unique and different since its kind of an outcast to normal production, the card doesnt look bad either.
-Soul

·
Old School Dinosaur
2,130 Posts
"We Three Kings of Orient are..
tried to smoke a loaded cigar..."

Sorry ,poor taste , I Know

1 - 20 of 25 Posts