Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought I would have a contest just for fun. This is to test Batman fans as well as diecast folks. These are three different cars, all based on the first Batman movie. Numbers 1 and 3 are not the same, although they look very similar. Who put out these cars? And what is the difference between 1 and 3?

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
By the way, I tried some of the photo tips from the thread the other day when taking these. I turned off the flash and used lamps on both sides of the cars, macro setting, auto timer on a tripod.

I wish I had gotten in closer on the Batmobiles, but I got this little hand image with an exclamation point, like it was warning me that I was too close. I ignored the hand and got a bit closer on the Joker car. I think I probably could have gotten in closer still, for a more dramatic effect. Any further tips?

·
Atomic Punk
4,323 Posts
Pretty sure I saw the second one in a HotWheels package.

Just testing something here. I took the first pic, cropped it, re-scaled it and opened up the color a bit.

Since I scaled it up a bit and lightened the color, you can start to see the grainy pixles.

You should try to get closer. I wonder if the hand thing ment there was not enough light.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Actually,it's incredibly arrogant of me to assret knowing my BM's inside and out.
Truth is,I don't. :tongue:
HOTWHEELS/HASBRO-KENNER/ERTL and god knows how many other companies quirted out them for the movie/animated series.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Alrighty...here's the answer. The first one is an ERTL, die cast body with plastic on bottom and plastic tires. This was (I believe) the official licensed movie version back in 1989 after the first Keaton Batman. How ERTL picked it up is beyond me, but I bought a couple at the time.

Second on is HW's, as is the Joker car. Not sure if these cars were made exclusively for Avon, but that's where my sister in law bought them for me for Christmas a couple of years ago. They were sealed in plastic bags (not on cards). And each came with it's own plastic display case. Does anyone else know anything about these? I've seen that BM casting in several colors in stores, but not the one with red flames in the pic.

Third one also came out in 1989. It's made entirely of plastic and came as a prize in the first run of batman cereal after the movie. I'm pretty sure ERTL must have made it, but it deosn't have their name anywhere on it. Just 1989 DC comics on the bottom. It's smaller than the official ERTL version as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts