Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

Just getting back int slots and I came across this offer. Not real sure about the values of 1/32 cars and track but I'm thinking the power supply and controllers might be worth the price alone ($250). The set is complete with the additional power supply, two additional controllers and five additional cars.

Love to know what you think.

Thanks

Brian A

·
Registered
755 Posts
1/32nd cars and stuff...

The power supply looks to be the power supply that I have. Bought mine from Alan Galinko and paid something like $125 or so. I can't remember if I paid additional for shipping or not. Resale on those seem to be around $100 if you can find one for sale. Rock solid fully adjustable power supply. I love mine.

The controllers look like professor motor controllers to me, and I use those as well. A "lower end" controller will set you back at least $50 new from PM. Resale if they are "basic" controllers, I would guess $30-35 would be fair. Again, awesome controllers- super smooth...

As for the track and cars- I don't know much about the Carrera line. I ran Scalextric and Slot Its when I raced. Seems a bunch of people have them though.

All I can say is that if you "low-balled" someone, the controllers and power supply would be hard to pass at $125 ($75, and $25 x2) still fair and more realistic at $150-160 ($100 $30x2)..

Good luck- Marc and Marcus

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi M&M,

By my understanding you are correct in both cases. Alan sells the power supply new for $140 plus shipping and the controllers are professor pmtr2124 that sell new for $100 each. At $340 new for just the controllers and power supply, I guess that's why I thought the whole package for $250 is a god deal.

Thanks
Brian

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Brian, I would agree w/Marc. I use the same power supply & similar PM
controllers for my 6 lane HO layout. The offered price seems fair. The owner
is knowledgeable to have updated power & controllers. The set appears to be in good condition & you already have 3 classes to run! (Karts, Minis & Sports)
:)

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all your feedback. Bought the set today and set up a small oval and all seem to work great.

Dyno Dom, you brought up my next question... Can anyone point me to a good source of info for a primer on the different 1/32 classes of chassis?

Man the Mini Cooper fly!!!

Thanks
Brian A

1 - 6 of 6 Posts