Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
It doesn't look right on that car. I would have to see it on other castings before I could really decide if I like it or not.

·
Registered
896 Posts
It's kind of blah..it would be ok on a modern car, but on the oldies I like stock or vintage aftermarket style wheels (TTDs or Cragar SSes, for example).

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
I think that wheel looks pretty good on the Escalade from Trucks and SUV's. I don't like it at all on that Super Bee. Instant wheel swap when that one comes in.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Well for the openers , its a easy fix, for the others there are the other set but I think those were pooh-poohed too. Not great but I think there are
worse out there.

·
Registered
929 Posts
That's close to blasphemy putting that wheel on a classic like that!
Don't like it and won't buy it! Even though it's my favorite casting.

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Definitely thumbs down on that car. Not sure how much better it would look on other cars but I'd reserve final judgment until I see them.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
I like the wheel / tire combo, but not on those two cars pictured above. Worked on the '69 Firebirds and the '58 Vette for me.

·
Registered
405 Posts
When I saw the picture my immediate thought was ... why is JL doing such an cheap looking wheel when they have a vaultful of great rims?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
These wheels don't belong on these cars. I don't even think white letter tires would help. They look like knockoffs of the 5 spoke American Racing wheel that was so popular a few years ago. But, it's cheaper to produce 1 wheel for several applications than to produce a separate "correct" wheel for each car. (*singing, Those Were the Day's My Friend...*) :cry: :wave:

·
Registered
12,345 Posts

They don't look any better on this one either, in fact, possibly worse. Reminding me of the Matchbox Superfast wheels that never looked good on anything, and they were on everything.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts