Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after months of peg searching and driving myself nuts, I finally went the way of the bay and bought a small lot.

Even though I had to pay way more than I shouldve--I will say it's a really cool casting!

The detail to the interior is a home run, loving the lisence plate and the scanner. All very nice.

I'm definitely ready for the Elite version!

Anyone else digging this car? Or have a maddening expericence trying to score one??

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought the only one I ever saw.
They are tough to come across. Hopefully you didn't pay a hefty price for it.
I never saw one on the pegs--I'm not a scalper or a hoarder or anything but judging from the stores around here, we have our share.

I finally got so fed up I paid 13.00 for 3 of them shipped. Waaaaaaay too much but I have one to open and one for my wall. The 3rd I'll keep for anyone here that might be having the same problem I did.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Great car (especially since I'm a Firebird collector), terrible distribution. It's a shame that HW has yet to include them in newer cases like they did with the A-Team Van.

·
Registered
5,742 Posts
I never saw one on the pegs--I'm not a scalper or a hoarder or anything but judging from the stores around here, we have our share.

I finally got so fed up I paid 13.00 for 3 of them shipped. Waaaaaaay too much but I have one to open and one for my wall. The 3rd I'll keep for anyone here that might be having the same problem I did.
I don't think that is all that bad for three.
I forgot to mention the other thing to keep in mind is that there is a wheel variation on it as well. It has beeb found with MC5 wheels instead if the PR5's.

·
Premium Member
8,998 Posts
Nice Finds Guys Congrats.:wave::thumbsup:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great car (especially since I'm a Firebird collector), terrible distribution. It's a shame that HW has yet to include them in newer cases like they did with the A-Team Van.
You said it! I think the A-Team van was the easiest, Back To The Future was tough for me too--I got lucky and found 2 at my local grocery store by complete accident and K.I.T.T. was just a nightmare.

I too am a Firebird/Trans-Am nut! I had 3 1:1 an 81, 80 and 88 in that order and anything that has to do with F-Bodys or Smokey and the Bandit I'm all over...I'm actually getting ready to attempt to swap some old action figures for Hot Birds and any T/A Slot cars I can find.

As far as distrubution goes, for awhile I was going crazy with 3 3/4 action figures--all the G.I.Joe stuff that got reintroduced. Then all the sudden it just became a nightmare to find anything, it sucked the fun right out of hunting--having to beat scalpers to the store just so I can have a figure I liked as a kid was annoying, ridiculous ebay prices etc etc...All because the distrubution was HORRIBLE!!

It literally drove me away from figures and back to my original love..diecast and slots etc.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't think that is all that bad for three.
I forgot to mention the other thing to keep in mind is that there is a wheel variation on it as well. It has beeb found with MC5 wheels instead if the PR5's.
Hey is there any kind of pics or chart that show the styles and names of all the wheel variations??

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just another reminder--if anyone needs one, I still have an extra free of charge.

Just passing on some generousity that this place has been passing my way :wave:

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
If I ever see a KITT, I might pick it up. But it's not one I've been hoping to find like the A-Team van and BTTF car, which I did find. Plus I'm not a fan of blacked out PR5's. I think black Disc Real Riders would really do the car justice.

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
If I ever see a KITT, I might pick it up. But it's not one I've been hoping to find like the A-Team van and BTTF car, which I did find. Plus I'm not a fan of blacked out PR5's. I think black Disc Real Riders would really do the car justice.
You're right. KITT still has to reach NZ though. I hope they will be as common as the Delorean and the A Team van, you still find them everywhere.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
I think it is a nice car for $.88. Good detail for the cost. It would be neat if M2 made it then the detail would be killer.

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
It is the type of thing you have to look for and you really shouldn't have to search for it. Oh well. It was $1.33. Life is good.
To be honest with you, I am disappointed with the model.
You should be able to see the simulated lights in the front
bumper when you look straight on the car.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts