Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is a painting of my Hurst SC/Rambler in front of the Quaker Steak & Lube restaurant that my SC is displayed in. Auto artist Danny Whitfield and I are thrilled that each one of their restaurants might display this painting. See his site at www.dannywhitfield.com .

Here is my SC on display inside the restaurant,

What is a QS&L restaurant,
http:www.quakersteakandlube.com/
See all the photos at,
www.amazingmusclecars.com/1512registry/memberspages/mattwilson.php
Hope you like the painting.
Thanks,
Matt

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Wow!!!!

A restaurant with a lift inside!!!!
(the better to keep greasy little handprints off of it, eh? ;) )

The name is too close to Quaker State (Oil) which makes me feel like their cheeseburgers aren't to be sampled :p

·
Registered
255 Posts
Awsome pics Matt, Thats some very informative reading! It's nice to see there are still people out there that keep the Muscle Car tradition alive, And the cars so well kept :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I guess if you grew up in that era & love Muscle Cars you'll always appreciate true "Classics" such as yours thanks for the look. Jeff ZF

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
carnut2256 said:
Wow!!!!

A restaurant with a lift inside!!!!
(the better to keep greasy little handprints off of it, eh? ;) )

The name is too close to Quaker State (Oil) which makes me feel like their cheeseburgers aren't to be sampled :p
All of these restaurants are pretty cool actually, tons of memorobilia inside & good food too. One has an Indy car hanging upside down on the ceiling & a top fuel car on the wall.

Great painting of your car Matt :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Looks like an intersting place to eat. Possibly a choking hazard from all the people craning their necks while looking up at the car, but an experience just the same.

BTW, nice painting.

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
i had to print that pic to add to my wall along with mike g's drawings
thanks for the pic

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My SC/Rambler has been on diplay at the Quaker Steak & Lube restaurant in Charleston,WV. It has been there since October and I'm going to pick it up real soon as I need to lay some rubber now that spring is here.
Glad you like it,
Matt

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
gunn said:
i had to print that pic to add to my wall along with mike g's drawings
thanks for the pic
Thanks,
It makes my day to hear you like the painting that much. If you want a super clear and larger print of it check out www.dannywhitfield.com . You will find this painting under AMC , click on SC/Rambler painting.
Thanks,
Matt

1 - 14 of 14 Posts