Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Playing a little...

I thought every yard needs a Ford or two in it?

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
killer. I almost bought a Thunderbird way back when that was this color scheme.
of course, it looked a little better.
I'm not much of a T-bird fan, but the 1:1-- I was looking at had a manual transmission from the factory, and I'm hopelessly addicted to shiftng.
(it was probably a rare bird.....no pun intended.)

Nice picture.

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This was a nice Bird, It kinda fought with the Monte. To be honest though... I like the Grand Prix of '75. We will never see these highway cruisers again sadly. They were a great way of cross country travel though!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Classic depiction for that ol' bird. In tow looks great. Maybe next we will see it hanging from a wrecking yard crane going to the crusher!

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
'73 Lemans... Love it!

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
Classic depiction for that ol' bird. In tow looks great. Maybe next we will see it hanging from a wrecking yard crane going to the crusher!
im glad you brought up a crusher. i need to do a search on this and design a 1/64th scale one.
i forgot all about that.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
158 Posts
I remember racing my buddy who had a brown T-Bird like this model. I was in a '73 Lemans. His Ford was faster than it looked.
1977 began the seventh generation of the Thunderbird which persisted for only two years, ending in 1979. The Thunderbird shrunk in size, now sitting atop of the Ford Torino platform. At almost a foot shorter, it dropped nearly a thousand pounds and the price tag listed the car for almost $2700 less than the prior year.

Most of the vehicles diet was due to a new drivetrain consisting of a small-block 302 cubic-inch V8. A 351 and 400 V8 were offered as optional.

In 1978 a T-top option was offered. The front of the Thunderbird was restyled slightly in 1979 with a new grille.

The 400 made it scoot pretty good inlaws had one in deep maroon that they offered up for free. At the time you rather wear a pair of bell bottoms than be seen driving it around!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts