Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea yea yea I know what you're going to say, but my son looooooves this. I bought the Lionel set plus the expansion pack to put around the christmas tree. Im looking for more figurines for this? Anyone know of any sites that has any?

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
They still do. Sir Topham Hat is the only regular(human) character in the show. I realize the other figures have a certain "style" to them, but you really can't see that, in O scale.

·
Registered
580 Posts
THIS is what you're doing instead of carpet racing this winter!? I'm disappointed in you, Steve!:tongue: Juuuustt kidding. I actually clicked on this thread b/c I was thinking of getting one of these sets for my daughter - she LOVES Thomas and Friends. She's better at recognizing some of the engines than her aunts and uncles:eek:.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They still do. Sir Topham Hat is the only regular(human) character in the show. I realize the other figures have a certain "style" to them, but you really can't see that, in O scale.
Thats true toyroy. Ill go that route. Thanks for the idea!

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
THIS is what you're doing instead of carpet racing this winter!? I'm disappointed in you, Steve!:tongue: Juuuustt kidding. I actually clicked on this thread b/c I was thinking of getting one of these sets for my daughter - she LOVES Thomas and Friends. She's better at recognizing some of the engines than her aunts and uncles:eek:.
Yea Matt.....one of many things ill be doing while you are racing your Hoovers. LOL Lionel makes a Thomas set that has everything you need to get started. You can buy expansion packs that have a few more cars and a few more straight tracks. If your looking for good deals, you might want to catch the Greenburg Toy and Train show in Edison the Saturday and Sunday following Thanksgiving. Its at the New jersey Expo center. HUUUUUUUUUGE show. Lots of vendors and good deals. Ill be going to purchase another engine, expansion track, transformer and some track. If you want to go, I recommend Sunday. The vendors drop their prices so they dont have to pack up all their stuff and hold on to it for a few months until the next show. I usually find some really good deals.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Good info, thanks. My daughter would be over the moon if she had one of these sets under the xmas tree. BTW, practice day on the indoor track was "interesting". I've got a few kinks to iron out on the pan car...not to mention my driving skills.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts