Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The details look really good, especially for a 1:87, and I love the mail/UPS trucks but I keep thinking to not buy it if its gonna cost me 30$ shipped ouch...

·
Registered
359 Posts
Worth it ??

It seems that the companies that deal in the HO scale products really gouge the train guys, This price doesn't surprise me. I think you should bid on that one on eBay and save a few bucks if you want this. It is very cool. I have spent 25.00 on some highly detailed 1/64th scale cars before, but they were VHTF. How hard are these to come by.

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
It's not worth the proverbial plug nickel to me, since I work for the U.S. Postal Service. Not only is U.P.S. the enemy, but they're really, REALLY overrated (and their trucks are flat-out UGLY! What's up with that dog poop brown, anyway?)! Our on-time percentage is higher than theirs (97% to 92%), we break a ton less stuff, and our rates are cheaper - how can you lose with the Post Office?

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
My local hobby shop has them. That and a few other different scales I believe. I forget prices but I think They were cheaper. I can take a look if interested. Lmk.

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
It's not worth the proverbial plug nickel to me, since I work for the U.S. Postal Service. Not only is U.P.S. the enemy, but they're really, REALLY overrated (and their trucks are flat-out UGLY! What's up with that dog poop brown, anyway?)! Our on-time percentage is higher than theirs (97% to 92%), we break a ton less stuff, and our rates are cheaper - how can you lose with the Post Office?

·
Registered
4,758 Posts

Now that brought a smile to my face.

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
I happen to think UPS trucks are handsome, the older design that is. Those tipsy looking box on wheels Grumman mail trucks the US Mail carriers drive however, now that's homely. :p And I've seen many being towed.

Outlaw Diecast is right, the prices for HO scale stuff are gouged like crazy. More expensive than a good 1:64, and there are 1:43's that don't cost as much. Makes no sense. I would definitely go the auction route for one of these.

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Nevermind, found one at a hobby shop. 7 bucks on clearance and no shipping fee!

Same maker?

Can you share some pictures of your find?

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Nevermind, found one at a hobby shop. 7 bucks on clearance and no shipping fee!
What hobby shop? and where? Only hobby shop close to me is Larry's Hobby Shop on I-45 and 1960 and I really don't like the guys that are behind the counter there. The guy that runs the train stuff is cool but the others at the front counter has always been pricks.

·
Registered
9,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah same maker. I know a friend who's addicted to HO scale stuff, and wanted to surprise him with a bday present to send to him. Sorry, no pics, it's already on its way, lol. I looked at it and I gotta say, it's not worth 25 bucks but it sure is worth 7 bucks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts