Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really my style, but the darn thing was on the peg at WM for so long..nobody seemed to want it, so last week I bought it and it just kinda hung around my room. I didn't have it displayed, I didn't want to junk it for my diorama..It was just there. But now, Im starting to like it and Im gonna find a parking spot for it in my acrylic display case.

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
I had to make my peace with it too. I do like the old version from the 1980s a lot better, all black and with an opening door. This one is about as flashy as it gets, the colour of the base doesn't help. I'm looking forward to a plainer recolour this year.

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
I like it, and considered getting it, but didn't.
I can refrain from kicking myself after seeing the more correctly sedate London taxi recolor coming later on.

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
I could have sworn this was already released with an all black normal looking paint job??
I just checked Matchbox Wiki and you're right, it has been released in all black before, three times. Albeit with different wheels/base, and slight tampo differences. The last time was in the 2007 Best of British.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts