Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
C & D's are interesting... Modellers get upset if a garage kit maker gets busted for making unlicensed Spiderman or Batman models... but bitch and moan of someone in Taiwan makes a copy of a Horizon kit... Its essentially the same problem... unlicensed reproduction of a character.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
C & D's are interesting... Modellers get upset if a garage kit maker gets busted for making unlicensed Spiderman or Batman models... but bitch and moan of someone in Taiwan makes a copy of a Horizon kit... Its essentially the same problem... unlicensed reproduction of a character.

No, not nearly the same thing.
The garage kit is based off a licensed property, but they are creating something new.
An artist actually puts in the time and talent to create a three dimensional sculpt that brings the subject to life.

Where the recaster does nothing but take a previously existing item and makes copies of it.

Sure, by the letter of the law, they may be the same thing. Intelectual property infringement.
But morally they are night and day.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Better hang on to your pre-Disney Marvel stuff folks. The licensing of these things will now probably be next to impossible. If the past is any indicator. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
having sculpted a number of licensed items, of all of the studios i have worked with, disney was the most communicative, interactive, and cooperative. im not sure about drawing up the contracts, but when it comes to the product design, if disney has anything to do with it, it will mean we wount get any more things posed like the iron man kit.
personally i think the folks at disney know that marvel isnt broken, so they wont need to "fix" it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts