Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Such a bad machine!!! Clean as a cream-puff too.
I've been wanting a '69 Dodge or Plymouth full size pursuit class forever now.
'69s had the highest horspower.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Well, mine's only a year older

and no police cruiser - but she's mine, I have a blast driving her, and I get a lot of thumbs up while doing so.

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Duncan, it's a '72, so yours has 4 years on it.

That cruiser is dying for a Sure-Grip rear end. That's probably the one and only thing I would do...exept maybe change from carpeting to the more cop-like vinyl floor covering. That, and clean up the nasty over-spray in the door jambs.

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
That looks puffy and a nice car as long as the money is right...

Duncan, nice wheels...:thumbsup::thumbsup:

That cruiser is dying for a Sure-Grip rear end. That's probably the one and only thing I would do...exept maybe change from carpeting to the more cop-like vinyl floor covering. That, and clean up the nasty over-spray in the door jambs.
Boy have you got an eye. And you can spot all that from Duncan's photo? You are a wizard.

Oh - you meant the cop car...:rolleyes:

:wave:

·
Registered
4,260 Posts

Oops, I thought I read it was a 69 (never mind what the picture shows lol) - must have mixed it up with another thread.

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Duncan, it looks like you stepped up one wheel size from the origonal 14" to 15" wheels, am I correct???

Most automakers went to 14"s in '57 thinking the smaller wheels would make the body of the car appear bigger.
Something I don't prefer, myself.
I allways change'em over to 15"s. Especially the C bodys, but even B bodies I have and had allways got 15"s!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Duncan, it looks like you stepped up one wheel size from the origonal 14" to 15" wheels, am I correct???

Most automakers went to 14"s in '57 thinking the smaller wheels would make the body of the car appear bigger.
Something I don't prefer, myself.
I allways change'em over to 15"s. Especially the C bodys, but even B bodies I have and had allways got 15"s!!!!!!!!!!
You're right, I did! I wanted to go to 16" but because of the deep dish on the wheels they wouldn't clear. Someday I am thinking I'd like to switch them over to something like Magnum 500s or Cragers and see if I can't get them in 16" then.

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
Sure would be fun to dust off an unsuspecting new Mustang or Camaro owner with that thing, just to see the look on their face.:p
Ain't gonna happen with 3.23 gears. A base 2011 GT Mustang with someone who knew how to drive would bury that thing out of the gate. If you were able to run a full 1/4 mile maybe you could get close on the big end. No insult to the Fury but the new cars have the horsepower and suspensions to run away from most of the old muscle cars. Even the new V6 Mustangs and Camaros are putting out decent power

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
I have a 2008 Chrysler 300 DUB Edition in addition to my 68 Fury. I have no problem proudly driving either one of them across a finish line. The 300 out performs the Fury in every way, looks great doing it and is more comfortable while doing it, too boot. But the Fury has the classic look of the 60s that the new cars will never have. I enjoy them both for the qualities each of them brings on their own to the table. But in all honesty, I would not want the Fury to be the car I had to drive each and every day as my main transportation. It is a great toy, but compared to the 300, that is just what it is - a toy.

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
I would be surprised if the reserve is less than $10k, maybe more. A lot of this car's value has to do with it's cop car pedigree, and the 440. There are dedicated vintage police car buffs out there, and not enough cars.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Very cool Fury,I've always had a thing for decommissioned police cars (I have a 89 caprice 9C1).
Love the certified 140 mph speedo!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts