Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
most of the TRUs in my area closed.there is only one near me i hit every week.the others are a drive but one is a real drive about 45 mins due to all the lights .that one is near where alot of tourists come in but it always has stuff none of the other do.i go maybe 1 or 2 times a year and walk away with 50 to 100$ in cars everytime.well today i go in.HWs 1.49,MBs 1.49 GL 6.99,
M2 6.99 HWs DC cars 5.99.i looked at one of the stock people and just rolled my eyes and said are you kidding me.walk out did not spend a thing.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I can understand why the prices are higher, it's because as you stated - The store has alot tourist and that is where they will make the most..... I too live in a area that is a touristy area all year round. Gas is .30c to .50c higher on a gal than if I was to drive 20 miles inland. Its all about location location location for a Store to survive these days.

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it was never like that.their prices were the same as all the other TRUs.this is a recent thing and i know they are fishing.too bad there was some nice GL i was gonna pick up today too.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
A couple of TRU's in H town have raised their prices also which is insane. One in particular is in the same center with an HEB and a Target across the street, and a couple of Wallys a few miles away.:confused:

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
There is a huge TRU in NYC (Times Square, to be exact) the Mecca of tourism! I've seen prices there a tad higher but not to the extreme as you described! Holy Moly!!!

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
I noticed that the last time I was at TRU, for me they are a last choice when I am on the hunt. And I live in a tourist town and like others have said the closer you get to the stripe the higher the price.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I noticed that the last time I was at TRU, for me they are a last choice when I am on the hunt. And I live in a tourist town and like others have said the closer you get to the stripe the higher the price.
Whoever told you that you live in a touristy city was lying to you Dave .... LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL .... Let me at em , Let me at em .... Such liars they are ... :lol:

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Whoever told you that you live in a touristy city was lying to you Dave .... LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL .... Let me at em , Let me at em .... Such liars they are ... :lol:
Two or three times a week I have to run to see my boss and it normally takes about 20 minutes to get there. Today I ran the rent checks to the boss and it took almost an hour to get there, the girlfriend and I spent about half an hour in traffic trying to get past the Stripe. And the Pedestrian bridges on all four sides were packed. Thank god I am off tom and don't have to run the rent checks to her.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Two or three times a week I have to run to see my boss and it normally takes about 20 minutes to get there. Today I ran the rent checks to the boss and it took almost an hour to get there, the girlfriend and I spent about half an hour in traffic trying to get past the Stripe. And the Pedestrian bridges on all four sides were packed. Thank god I am off tom and don't have to run the rent checks to her.
Holy Smollys .... You actually went down on the Strip ???? Hell, I know better than that and I do not live there ..... I always hit the back roads when I am out and about shopping in your stores. I avoid that Strip if I am driving - Now if I am walking I have to problem walking down on the Strip and pick the pockets of the pedestrians :lol: J/K :lol:

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Holy Smollys .... You actually went down on the Strip ???? Hell, I know better than that and I do not live there ..... I always hit the back roads when I am out and about shopping in your stores. I avoid that Strip if I am driving - Now if I am walking I have to problem walking down on the Strip and pick the pockets of the pedestrians :lol: J/K :lol:

The property I work at is on Maryland Parkway and East Hacienda Ave. the bosses property is on Sahara and Decatur. We have one of three choices for crossing the Stripe Tropicana and the stripe, Flamingo and the Stripe or Sahara and the Stripe. Heck have even tried several other routes and most are not any better. We were stuck in traffic at Tropicana and Las Vegas Blvd.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
The property I work at is on Maryland Parkway and East Hacienda Ave. the bosses property is on Sahara and Decatur. We have one of three choices for crossing the Stripe Tropicana and the stripe, Flamingo and the Stripe or Sahara and the Stripe. Heck have even tried several other routes and most are not any better. We were stuck in traffic at Tropicana and Las Vegas Blvd.
I see 2 bad choices .... Tropicana & Flamingo intersections..... I'll take Sahara intersection as its further down from all the idiots who visit Las Vegas

1 - 16 of 16 Posts