Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.....when you ship in those stinkin' padded envelopes.

This was an almost perfect piece when I found it...and from a seller with very good feedback. It was shipped in a very lightly padded envelope and now....a 45 year old piece is ruined because of carelessness.

Don't know if he's on here or not, but I hope it is a lesson learned and prime example for those that ship loose pieces in those useless envelops.

He was nice enough to refund my money...but I'd rather have the Jeep!!

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Sad demise of a nice piece. Now it can be made into custom I guess.

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Very sad when someone ships a diecast car in a padded envelope. I've received some diecast cars in padded envelopes that arrived undamaged, and I've received diecast cars that were shipped in boxes that were damaged.

I cringe when I receive a loose or carded diecast car in a padded envelope.

I now ask the seller if he will ship the item in a box.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I seem to receive things packaged in this ridiculous manner all the time! Among the the things you can rate an Ebay seller on should be how well your item is packed and protected for shipment. This would be some useful information.

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
I received this Green Machine BB Camaro in a flat type box and it wasn't protected very well. :( A square type box with bubble wrap would have been much better. Guess I'll set it free.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
You can ship in a padded envelope if a car's in a protecto pack right?
You can, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Protecto packs are good, but they are not as strong as a good box. I've had people send me loose cars in padded envelopes and I've been lucky so far. None of them were damaged. Though I do e-mail the sender to inform them that I am not pleased of their method of shipping, which is my right as the purchaser.

I send out everything in boxes. Even if you have to go to the Post Office for a free Priority box or to Walmart to buy a regular box, it is well worth it. You don't want to have anything you ship arrive damaged.

Scott

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
A couple of years ago, i bought two very expensive wl zingers on peeeerfect cards, and i do mean expensive...got them with bent veined torn up cards because he shipped over 150.00 worth of merchandise in a padded envelope, and i had to fight tooth and nail thru paypal to get a refund, then he trashed my feedback which i got removed as being malicious, because it clearly said on the auction he shipped in boxes.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I just bought a 2009 iHobby EXPO 25 Anniversary Blue w/ Flames 1957 Chevrolet® Bel Air® 492pc

and the Seller shipped it in a Priority Fiberpaper envelope.... It came crushed but the Car is fine ....

I am not very happy as I am keeping these M2 Promotional Cars in their Blister Packs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts