Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
here is me with my car. This pic is getting a little old, but I'm too lazy to go find a newer one, scan it in and upload it right now so it will have to do.

·
Banned
8,979 Posts
Here's a year old pic of myself, I was up 24 hrs and on a chartered ocean boat all day. This fish was one of the days catch.

Or you can kinda see the resemblance in a GI Joe mockup doll my brother-in-law has done up of me. Kinda freaky because it does resemble myself-

·
Stagger, stagger, crawl.
2,945 Posts
This was taken on a Canadian fly-in fishing trip in "85" I think. I'm the guy that's laid back!!

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
dr.olds said:
THIS IS ME AT THE HARLEY DAVIDSON CAFE IN LAS VAGAS, ITS THE ORIGINAL EASY RIDER BIKE CAPTIAN AMERICA RODE. IT WAS THE HIGHLIGHT OF MY TRIP.
Dr Olds, Not to down play what a bitchin' bike that is, and I definitely am not trying to burst your bubble, but in the interest of accuracy, I certainly hope their not displaying this bike as the original from the movie Easy Rider. There is no possible way for that to be the original. Though I do believe it to be the most accurate replica to ever be made. You see both of the original bikes from the movie were stolen after the movie shoot ended but before the movie was released. They have to this day NEVER been recovered.
The gentleman who had the bike pictured here built, went to great lengths to ensure that this clone was as exact as humanly possible. He even went so far as to find the original upholsterer of the film bike and persuaded him to build the seat for this bike, just so that the stitching would match. I forget how much time and money he spent on the project but it is said to be EXACT down to the smallest detail, as verified by non other than Peter Fonda.
This bike here, if it is the one that I think it is, made the rounds a few years ago in MANY of the leading motorcycle publications and is well documented. The same can be said for the demise of the original bikes, it's a story that has been well documented through the years.

Oh, as far as a picture of me, my avatar is really pretty close. I think. At least it looks to me like that when I look at myself in the mirror. Hhhmmm, maybe I should see about getting a new pair of glasses or maybe new medication or................

·
Premium Member
5,478 Posts
Hope this pic of me works...Thanks Wyatt!

This is me, along side dodge300...We hail from Va. I won the Topper class on Sunday's races with a similar purple Stiletto that beat me on Saturday. Frank placed second Sunday, and Saturday with the same car he's holding, I believe. I was happy, and he,...well, you know.:lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts