Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Mustang Collector
4,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know that I already thanked SkipperC in the other post but I would not be doing his craftmanship justice if I did not post these seperate. I have absolutely no idea what I could have done to deserve this but I thanks Chris 100 times over. These will be placed along side the most valuable pieces of my collection.
That being said I know one of these is a WL and the others are customs but I am blown away at his skill as well as the generosity. So please feel free to look and give your compliments to Skipper. (the pupster heads over to the wl board to remove his previous smack talk about the box sets.... ;) )

and finally

·
Registered
929 Posts
WOW! Very sweet customs, congrats :thumbsup:
You're going to get all the Shelby Daytona collectors very jealous showing those around like that! :wave:
Wait 'till Mike sees this

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Thank you so much for your kind words Brad. What you did was show an uncommon amount of generosity in our first trade when I was a new HT'er. You sent a boatload of stuff in trade for one car and I always felt that I should reciprocate somehow. I'm very happy that you found the cars to your liking. :p Oh, and don't worry about the trash talk....just don't forget to post pics when you finish that MCUSA WL set!!! :thumbsup: :wave:

·
Old School Dinosaur
2,130 Posts
Fantastic !

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
MudSlinger said:
That Javelin is GORGEOUS!!!!
*shuffles toward puddle with mop muttering, "darn droolers make such a mess!"* :tongue:

Those custom Daytonas are absolutely fabulous! Alright, I have GOT to get around to posting pics of the 3 Daytonas Chris made for me!

Very nice additions, Brad! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Wow. Outstanding custom Cobra Daytona coupes! Simply amazing. The custom details pick up and emphasize the unique lines of this fantastic, and my favorite, car.

I have an idea for Chris's next custom Cobra Daytona - an "aged" version to reflect the so-called "lost Daytona" (see here for the amazing story if you haven't heard it before: http://www.carmemories.com/cgi-bin/viewexperience.cgi?experience_id=87). I have high-res photos of the car if you need inspiration.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
G_G said:
Wow. Outstanding custom Cobra Daytona coupes! Simply amazing. The custom details pick up and emphasize the unique lines of this fantastic, and my favorite, car.

I have an idea for Chris's next custom Cobra Daytona - an "aged" version to reflect the so-called "lost Daytona" (see here for the amazing story if you haven't heard it before: http://www.carmemories.com/cgi-bin/viewexperience.cgi?experience_id=87). I have high-res photos of the car if you need inspiration.
Thanks for the compliments and thanks for the link :thumbsup: I agree, this would make an interesting project...the modified out the back exhaust would definitely be a challenge :p

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
SkipperC said:
Thanks for the compliments and thanks for the link :thumbsup: I agree, this would make an interesting project...the modified out the back exhaust would definitely be a challenge :p
Hmm, interesting note on the exhaust. Last time I have seen this car (the owner was nice enough to let us borrow it for a very special occasion on its way to a restoration shop), I do not recall that extra pipe coming out the back. Let me review my pics.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
G_G said:
Hmm, interesting note on the exhaust. Last time I have seen this car (the owner was nice enough to let us borrow it for a very special occasion on its way to a restoration shop), I do not recall that extra pipe coming out the back. Let me review my pics.
It looks like th e original sidepipes are there. Extensions were welded on and the piping routed back underneath the car to the rear where it exits out of dual twin tailpipes. Looks rediculous but I'm sure it was a necessary modification for street use in California. LMK what you found out. PM me so we don't keep flipping this thread to the top. :p

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Uhhhhhhh.....oh yea, WOW!!!!!!!!!

Not only is the custom work right on the money, the package art and blister just blow me away! BEAUTFUL WORK!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts