Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm both a train guy and slot head. One of the previous posts noted that diorama is a related art form in all scales. It's good to see what everybody's building or creating. New techniques, tips and the application and sharing thereof only makes your end of the hobby stronger. It doesnt matter what side of the tracks your on "Whats cool is cool". A concept that every modeler knows from the time they sniffed their first glue! I've been at it 40 years and still welcome a new trick or just getting inspired from anothers creation.

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
i agree bill. im a customizer of 1/64th scale cars and llove dioramas of any kind.
stop on in at the jl custom board and have a look around sometime bill. later gunn

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
gunn said:
...im a customizer of 1/64th scale cars and llove dioramas of any kind...
My first loves included O gauge trains, and model cars. Later, I developed a thing for American Flyer S ga. trains. When I realized Flyer was a perfect scale match for my Hot Wheels, it really boosted my enjoyment of both.

A real synergy there, when you consider all the neat scenes that can have trains, autos, streetcars, etc.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Bill,
I'm in to slots, however you have to visit the diecast section. I've picked up alot of great ideas that I've used to customize slot bodies. I'm also hoping to get a model rr up too!

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Bumper, I've been collecting Marklin Ho trains since 1966. The trains survived moms rummage sale purges, but my t-jets and AFX didnt. My monster train layout was disassembled when we moved and I dont have enough space; yet! I love any good ideas I can twist into my modeling. I'll check out the diecast. Thanks for the tip! BH

·
Registered
407 Posts
i am in to ho scale trains and die cast vec my dream is to have a huge layout but it alot easyer to dream then have. and livingi n south florida with there is not a big intrest in model trains it kind of in posible i guess i should be happy for the web

1 - 7 of 7 Posts