Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,Well if we had a better company than RC 2 at the helm of the Trek kits,here's something that could have been done.For the 40th anniversary of Star Trek,they could have reissued a handful of the AMT kits from the 1970's in their original boxes and molded in the colors they were produced in at that time.Namely the Enterprise and Klingon ships.Back in 2002 I was pleased that Polar Lights was now making new Star Trek models,and was a rebirth for the Star trek models.Rc2 came along and bought Polar Lights out and everything for new trek models was trashed.Are they still producing any Polar Lights Star Trek models at this time?Guy Schlicter.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
My understanding is that the PL Star Trek line continues production w/the exception of the D-7. There was an announcement made at Starship Modeler a couple of weeks back that mentioned this. From what I can remember, the other Trek models from the old ERTL line that are also getting the Axe are the Klingon Bird-of-Prey and... That's all I can remebmer right now. I can't access SM right now, so can't link to it at the moment. I'm sure that Robb/kylwell will eventually come along and post a link if I can't get to it before tonight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts