Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after spending a fair amount of effort over the last two weeks on this Aurora US Army Infantryman it is finally complete. I did a fair amount of research on colors for the uniform and think I got it down fairly well. Obviously there were some different colors in the field but I think this is fairly accurate. This time however I don't have a before shot but it was a mess when I got it, about half painted, seams on every joint, like it was built by a 10 year old.

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Nice job on this one Bob :thumbsup:
Very crisp and clean...
...are these comish jobs for the same guy?
Cheers
Denis

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for the positive comments. Yes Denis, he apparently has a stash of old Aurora kits that he picked up already built and I guess I am going to be working my way through them. I only knew about the '60s monsters and scifi kits, although I did know that Aurora made other kits, but was totally unaware of the three I have done so far.

·
Elder Statesman
1,147 Posts
Very nice, Bob!!:thumbsup: Your client should be very happy!!

Glad to see that the commission work is going well for you.

Did you have a good time traveling after Wonderfest?

- Denis

·
Registered
434 Posts
That is a cool kit now that I see one done up right. Awesome job on an old relic. I am a Monster/Sci-fi guy,but I would buy one of those if it were ever reissued.:thumbsup:

·
Laird of Dunans Castle
3,902 Posts
Bob, you're quite the master of the resto job! All three have been slick and professional! Take yer bows, fella!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Excellent job on the restoration, Bob. So much for your retirement, it looks like you've got a second career as a "Model Restorer."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts