Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, since I started this, I've learned a lot. I've also learned some self-control. So I'm going to go through my Hot Wheels and Matchbox and decide which I want to keep, and which to give away. My son will get first pick, of course. After that, I think I'll bundle them up in groups of 5 or 6, little 'grab bags' if you will, and ship them out to friends.

The downside, most of my collection is pretty current (mainly 2011's and 12's). Maybe you'll get something you already have, maybe not. Maybe you like to do customs, and need some fodder.

But if, once my boy has gone through and taken his fill, you might be interested in a random lot of Diecast, let me know. Free of charge, unless you decide you want to pay shipping (which will get pretty pricey, for all of those grab bags). Also keep in mind it will be first come first serve until I run out, and it may take some time to work my way through the list as I'm not made of money.

This isn't me giving up in a fit of despair, I've been considering doing this for a while now. I mainly aim to collect Maisto Haulers, M2 Machines, and Muscle Machines from now on, with the occasional larger scale car (and T-hunts, of course). I'm just going to make room.

And if you've recently (or planned to soon) send out a Raok box my way, don't think I'm going to turn around and re-gift what you send. That would just be rude, wouldn't it? :tongue:

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
I'll sign up. I'll even pay shipping, although you may have to wait for it until my new budget fodder in October. :drunk:

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, the thinning is complete. I have a box full of cars here to give away. My son gets first grab, though. Whatever he leaves, I'll split up as evenly as I can. I'll contact each of you in the order you responded to this thread for the necessary details and arrangements.

Just please be patient, they'll go out eventually.

Among the items are a few customs, mostly wheels swaps, but the occasional re-paint, too.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, the grab bags have been assembled and put in small flat rate boxes (except for NYSWLHUNTER, yours went out in a bigger box because I didn't have anything else at the time). I have some of your addresses, but not all, so look for a PM from me if we haven't done business together in the past.

It might take me a while to get them all in the mail, be patient.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Great idea in sharing the cars with us Hobbytalkers but to save you on shipping you could pass them out when Halloween gets here instead of candy. That is what I do for Halloween when I have extra $1 HW Cars I do not want. It saves me alot in shipping $$$$ + the time running back n forth to the PO. Just an idea for ya.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Heh. Not a terrible idea, but my neighborhood doesn't get much Halloween traffic (much to my dismay). Soon, though, I'm gonna go all-out in decorating the yard, and then they'll come by! (Gotta be able to afford the construction materials...)

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
To everyone whom I owe a box: I just sent them all out today. All but one of them is a flat rate box, so they should get there soon.

My wife's condition has taken a serious turn for the worst, and if I didn't mail them out today, there was no telling when they would go out. So I hope you all enjoy!

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Even with those things going on in your life you think about doing this for whomever on your list? I'm sure it would have been perfectly understandable for everyone if there had been a delay, but by and large this is the general attitude of Hobbytalk with all its RAOKs and usually civilized postings. This is awesome and I find that quite touching.

Of course I hope you'll somehow get through this difficult time and there really isn't much I can do but either way, maybe it helps to know that even in New Zealand someone is aware of you and your troubles.

I hope I don't offend you with a re-post of this link.
http://www.lds.org/general-conference/1996/10/the-eternal-family?lang=eng

All the best for you and we're still going to be here if you need to take some time off from collecting and posting.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
I too am moved and would think I and the others are the last thing you need to be concerned about at this time, but thank you.

I wish there was some way in which I could help but please know we are thinking of you and hoping for the best. Take care of your family - I'm sure you more than most anyone right now - are more than aware that is what is most important right now.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I didn't mail them out today, there was no telling when they would go out.
Family comes first, especially in difficult times. Shipping out boxes of die-cast is lower on the priority list, and I would not have objected if you needed to take much longer than you did. As Duncan said, take care of your family, and we are all thinking of you and hoping for the best.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It really wasn't a big deal. We try to think of others before ourselves just as a general rule.

That's why I still poke my head in here on occasion, despite it all. I keep sane by taking a few minutes here and there for myself. (And I want to keep up with everything that is going on out there.)

Basically, though, we are just standing vigil now. Keep us in your prayers.

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
My wife and I will be praying for you and your wife. My wife is going to a prayer/healing conference in New York this weekend, and I'll be sure to remind her to offer the two of you up in prayer. God Bless you both as you go through this ordeal.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts