Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I had an old AMT Shuttlecraft kit and I had a choice of totally rebuilding it to make it right or to build it as is. Well I went with as is but with a twist. I built what I thought a Mirror Universe Shuttlecraft would look like. I used PNT Models decals. I hope you like it. http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l118/S_Coffey/Mirror%20Shuttle/

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
That's interesting! I like the paint scheme. Not totally convinced about some of the extra greeblies on the hull, but then it's not exactly like the flying butterdish is aerodynamic anyway!

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just built it like it was a gunship.I used parts from an Apache model I had and I scratch built the one big launcher. I have always thought the TOS shuttle had the aerodynamics of a brick!

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Now, that's a neat idea. Just one thing about the markings — the daggers are pointing backwards!

Is that because the Empire is likely to stab its enemies (or its friends, for that matter) in the back?

·
Premium Member
6,010 Posts
Steven Coffey said:
...I have always thought the TOS shuttle had the aerodynamics of a brick!
Well, there's always the chance that aerodynamics as we understand them don't apply to the shuttlecraft propulsion systems anyway, but that's beside the point. I thought this was a clever idea, Steve - it's a new take on a great older kit. If there's a down side to the reissues of the classic kits we've seen over the last decade or so, it's that we've seen them built OOB so many times before. So it's cool to see a fresh approach like yours.

Here's a suggestion: Images 087, 0120, and 0122 look great, and show your model to its best advantage. But with the others you can see that nearly half the space in each is taken up by background and not model. If you could crop some of that out, you'd be reducing your file size, which would mean more room on the page for more pics for the rest of us to drool over. And it would be a kindness to those of us of the lowest common denominator who still use d...i...a...l u...p.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry about the picture size. I just loaded Windows Vista so I didn't have Photoshop loaded yet. The way things are going with Vista I doubt Photoshop will even work with Vista! I will make the images smaller from now on.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
scotpens said:
1 — the daggers are pointing backwards!

Is that because the Empire is likely to stab its enemies (or its friends, for that matter) in the back?
No friends only the conquered! I never really gave it much thought maybe they would have looked better with the daggers forward! Oh well too late now. :cry:

·
Premium Member
6,010 Posts
Steven Coffey said:
Sorry about the picture size....I didn't have Photoshop loaded yet.
Ahhh, ya don't need Photoshop to crop yer pics. You can use whatever Photo program comes with your operating system. I'm running Windows XP For Slow Learners myself. When I want to crop a photo, I open the image file, right-click on it, and choose "Edit" from the drop-down menu. The photo reopens with the Edit toolbar on the right. I select "Crop", and little cropping thingies appear around the photo. I use the cursor to drag the edges of the photo in until I'm happy. Then I click "OK", and the unwanted portions of the photo go away somewheres. See? Simple - the merest idiot can do it...I have, ever since I went to digital photography.

If you're running any sort of Microsoft o.p., I'm sure you'll have something similar; if you're using a digital camera, it may have come with editing software. My Olympus Camedia did. Once you've cropped the extraneous background out of your photos, you'll have also reduced the file size.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Now that is a neat take on an old kit!! You did a great job on the build, too! I like the paint scrapes on the leading edges! :thumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts