Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Been a while since i raced.. I have a xxx-bk2 and a rc10-t4 electric. One with a brushless novak 5.5 on it i think. I think this is the 2nd gen, the one after the 5800. The truck is running a handwound 10x2 Fantom with a novak brushed controller. One of the good ones from a few years ago. Forgot the model number.

Anyway.. with what i have, Is it still up to par for todays stuff? Been racing for about 12 years, but have not raced in 3 or so.

·
Registered
514 Posts
both cars are ok, losi just came out with a new platform about a year or so ago, which is called the 22.

your BK2 was released after the original xxx, as it was the 2nd generation. they built a 3rd generation a while ago, called the xxx cr until it was superceded by the 22.

The t4, which was released around 03 roughly, is still in production but it also has had a few upgraded versions since the original. im sure associated has a new platform in the works, no one knows when it will be released.

as far as brushless goes, that is the only way to go anymore. your 5.5 is a bit overkill for most people, unless maybe new motors/systems are faster than old ones? usually you see people with 6.5-10.5 on 2wd buggy. brushed motors are history now, but you could try it and see how it works.

you can pick up a decent used brushless speedo for around 50-75. if you want the latest and greatest, they are about 200 new. motors range from about 75-120 new, and used around 40-80.

alot has changed, dont know if you have ran Lipo batteries, but that is the replacement for Nimh and Nicd batteries. run times are double/tripple what they were 10 years ago. races are around 5-6 minutes typically for qualifiers, and mains are around 6-8 minutes typically.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts