Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
while driving by a garage sale a box caught my eye.... coulda swore i saw afx on it....as i proceeded, i thought what the heck...... pulled into the next driveway and turned around.... the wife asked what i was doing and i said we are gonna take a look at the garage sale.... of course she went to the baby clothes (as her sis has a 9 month old), and my 51 year old eyes did not decieve me....

what i found was a afx loop and bank race set (no 1616)..... also had 8 cars, a too much afx (rwb with stars), an afx bre-datsun (red-white), a tjet snowmobile (blue and white with a yellow driver), 2 afx, i believe sunoco can am (blue and yellow), a 4 gear afx model a (yellow and black), and an afx off road datsun pickup truck (Black and yellow)....

track is lock and joiner and appears all there (set it out to layout), the small power supply still works.... some cars are missing tires, all small stuff easily replaceable...

as i am not a collector, i am curious as to what this find may be worth... i would say all the bodies are at least an 8 on a scale of 10.... any ideas?

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Awesome haul! The value is mostly in the cars. That snowmobile, though kinda weird looking, goes for pretty good money on Fleabay. The Too Much is very common and probably wouldn't fetch a whole lot. I think the rest you mentioned are fairly desirable but not holy grails or anything (though I don't know a whole lot about the Can-Am cars, there may be some rare variants in there). I'm sure someone else will chime in with ideas too.

Interesting also that it's an AFX set but has lock and joiner track, which makes it very early AFX, circa 1971.

Congrats on a nice score!

--rick

·
Premium Member
5,692 Posts
Nice. Try linking us to the pics bud.

If the Too Much is red and in good shape is worth maybe a few dollars. 35??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts