Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
I have seen this set from time to time on the bay too. It was a "Hey! I remember that!" moment for me. In 1978 (its release) I was lamenting over the fact that I was a kid who was not allowed to see the movie in 1977 and lamenting over the fact that it was slotless and I was up to my elbows in L&J track. I was 13 years old and had no clue about anything to do with slot car customizing. My nephew (10 yrs old) had a slotless oval that I thought was very dull compaired to the wicked-crazy layouts I was used to building. My oh-my, how we do grow, yeah?

Sorry for the time-trip, heh! Anyhow, I have seen this complete set sell for 100.00 and under and the cars for 30.00 each. I wish the seller a good auction, yeah?!

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
PowerPassers were from Lionel, if I'm not mistaken...

--rick

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
I'm always amazed when eBay sellers have really high starting bids, or auctions with hidden reserves. It makes me wonder if they seller really wants the item to sell.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Never saw the set in-person, but I remember it. Had Tyco or AFX came up with it, I think it would be more collectible.

·
Registered
101 Posts
You think that's bad? For the 1/32 tracks Scalextric sells Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on skateboards. They'll put anything on a slot car track if it'll make them a quick buck. :rolleyes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts