Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not the cat in the hat thing but HW things. What colors have been releaded? I've of course seen the tan and the orange but now is there a blue?

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
How much different is the matchbox casting of the Thing?

Both companys are Mattel and I believe both castings appeared at about the same time....?

...besides the fact that one has the top and one doesn't... and were not talking about the wheels

·
Registered
729 Posts
The Hot Wheels casting is more custom, lower, has fender flares, and an open rear engine hatch. The matchbox version is stock.

·
Registered
10,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just grabbed a blue one and didn't know they were out. I was wondering if it was an old Kday car that I missed or something.

·
Registered
143 Posts
:wave:no kday car but a new rrelase at wallys got few mathcbox got older hub style wheels on a folded down top got them all hot wheel and matchbox together they make a nice car show setting or beach show ??????

·
Administrator
31,504 Posts
Not an FTE version. I was saving it for the wheels but another collector friend of them traded me another Corvette I needed for it. I still have a little remorse over that - it is such a nice looking casting, but it went to a loving home for Volkswagens.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts