Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I thought I would warn everybody. I am selling a '95 Chevy Astro on the bay, and I got a question from a legitamite ebayer telling me that they had: "seen this item before two days ago, take a look: <inclueded a link>." I immediately got suspicious becuase the link had nothing to do with ebay, but the link had the word 'ebay' at the end with 'loginID' at the beginning. I looked up the info on the ebayer and found that they live in the UK; no one in the UK is looking for a '95 Chevy Astro, lol. Also, they only had '1' feedback. I'm pretty sure it's the usual scam where they direct you to a different website and ask you to enter in your info and they wipe your bank account clean (Happened to a friend of mine). Has anyone else who sells items on there get e-mails like this?

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
easy solution

I don't do e-bay. So it is an easy solution for me.
But that doesn't help you, LOL.

Roadster99, does this really surprise you, considering the world we live in today?
I hope that everything works out for the best for you.

Cheers. Cobra

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I have had 2 cars on ebay in the last couple of weeks and got 3 emails just like that . I knew they were fake and reported them to [email protected] . I don't know what happens after that . Good luck and be careful .

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
I haven't sold anything on EekBay for years, but was planning to in the not to distant future. I've heard of these Euro-scams though. Sounds like it's getting worse though. Best thing is to ignore directly responding to anything, it seems. Don't they have a forum for answering any questions from bidders on the Bay itself? I plan on clicking nothing if I sell.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I had the same thing happen. The person was from Italy. I let the auction place know of it as well. I just did not answer the question and did not click on any thing.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
roadster99 , i dont think you should even bother THINKING about replying back to the UK numbskulls !! I know i wouldnt . BUT i as well do NOT do ebay , i have in the VERY VERY distant PAST TIMES but not recently . All i do now is go on there to see what new matchbox and NASCAR diecasts are out . NOT TO BUY PERIOD ! :)

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DiecastKrazy said:
roadster99 , i dont think you should even bother THINKING about replying back to the UK numbskulls !! I know i wouldnt . BUT i as well do NOT do eBay, i have in the VERY VERY distant PAST TIMES but not recently . All i do now is go on there to see what new matchbox and NASCAR diecasts are out . NOT TO BUY PERIOD ! :)
I didn't reply and was not going to, as I couldn't see who wanted to purchase a '95 Astro from America, and then import it to the UK; I guess they don't even think when they make these questions.

NYSWLhunter said:
how much for the '95 astro van?
I'm selling it for my dad. He's looking for about $2900, or at least that's what we set the reserve to.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts