Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that many don't use VW castings because of the grief. Yesterday while looking at die-cast I notice many entry level lines of die-cast featured not one but often many options. Maisto for example on their two packs had about 6 different VW offerings with these retailing at 2 for 1.17. Super Wheels has the W12 as well, a two for a buck offering. If they (VW) are so picky on graphics and tampos how come Hot Wheels Bugs come in every variation possible?

They all sell too. I saw in 1:87th scale split rear window bug as well for a short time before it dissappeared. There is also some towing Euro style caravans or RV's. The kicker I saw a couple days back was a prototype bug and a K Ghia for slot cars. The Ghia was for Aurora style cars and the Bug was for X-Traction in a drag style version. All killer stuff for sure.

With that much out there I guess it seems cost isn't the issue as entry level lines have plenty of castings and I do see variations allowed as well so I guess I'm asking for more patience.

With that......how about a Fresh Cherries Cabriolet? Who else did one? A popular company and loyal base, a good car, unusual, Fresh Cherries all the way I say! Do both top up and top down.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,588 Posts
i would love to see a opel done in 1/64th scale. thay make great drag cars
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,980 Posts
Mark Hosaflook said:
that many don't use VW castings because of the grief. Yesterday while looking at die-cast I notice many entry level lines of die-cast featured not one but often many options. Maisto for example on their two packs had about 6 different VW offerings with these retailing at 2 for 1.17. Super Wheels has the W12 as well, a two for a buck offering. If they (VW) are so picky on graphics and tampos how come Hot Wheels Bugs come in every variation possible?

They all sell too. I saw in 1:87th scale split rear window bug as well for a short time before it dissappeared. There is also some towing Euro style caravans or RV's. The kicker I saw a couple days back was a prototype bug and a K Ghia for slot cars. The Ghia was for Aurora style cars and the Bug was for X-Traction in a drag style version. All killer stuff for sure.

With that much out there I guess it seems cost isn't the issue as entry level lines have plenty of castings and I do see variations allowed as well so I guess I'm asking for more patience.

With that......how about a Fresh Cherries Cabriolet? Who else did one? A popular company and loyal base, a good car, unusual, Fresh Cherries all the way I say! Do both top up and top down.
I will be happy to let them look at my '59 Vert for all of their measurements. :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,765 Posts
I'm always willing to buy more Things. To me, the JL Thing always seemed just a little "off", so another choice would be welcome. Oh yeah, it should be Sunshine Yellow. :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,061 Posts
Nah.. the thing should be done in classic orange like my dad's old one..

I would also like to see some other classic non-beetle dubs.. I know Malibu already does the Kharmann, so lets see a squareback wagon, early Rabbit, or Dasher pickup.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,765 Posts
What the heck is a Dasher pickup? I remember the pickup with the front end of the Rabbit, but I don't remember anything off the Dasher.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,439 Posts
Mark Hosaflook said:
Oh, I'll take an Opel GT too.:p
Mark ,
One of my future restoration projects is an Opel GT funnycar I picked up a wile back .$150.00 at a garage sale in hillbilly heaven Elkhart In. Complete with tin work and inner trees .Just need a chassis and some glass work .way cool.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mrwillysgasser said:
Mark ,
One of my future restoration projects is an Opel GT funnycar I picked up a wile back .$150.00 at a garage sale in hillbilly heaven Elkhart In. Complete with tin work and inner trees .Just need a chassis and some glass work .way cool.
150.00 bucks!

Man for that I'd fix the fiberglass tear, repaint it and at least mount it to a garage wall or something like you see at the Race Rock Cafe where car bodies and bikes are hanging everywhere. 150.00?

It's one of those things that I would be tickled to death finding and yet my wife would see it and say two things.....


What the h3II is that?
Where are you going to put that.......not in my house?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,439 Posts
Mark Hosaflook said:
150.00 bucks!

Man for that I'd fix the fiberglass tear, repaint it and at least mount it to a garage wall or something like you see at the Race Rock Cafe where car bodies and bikes are hanging everywhere. 150.00?

It's one of those things that I would be tickled to death finding and yet my wife would see it and say two things.....


What the h3II is that?
Where are you going to put that.......not in my house?
Hey thats how I ended up single! I plan to build a chassis and maybe run her one day .
I Love old race cars .
http://hometown.aol.com/mastersoftoys/
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top