Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remember when collectors/scalpers were picking up EVERYTHING VW bus diecast? Matchbox, HW (of course) and even that ugly early JL casting bus? The GD and yellow VW bus have been keeping the pegs warm here for awhile.

·
Silent but Deadly
4,359 Posts
Heck, I left the VW Bug and Bus of those new Universal Monsters on the pegs earlier today. Didn't care for the tampos much.

Even with a buy 2 get 1 free promo, just couldn't do it...

:)

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
i don't know, i'm selling them on ebay pretty good!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Lpgeoteacher said:
AAARRGGG! How could you leace the universam monsters sitting. I would have snached them up in a heartbeat.
it's as easy as "damn, that sure looks ugly" and just walk on by....i left 10 sets of them hanging in this past week of shopping (and 12 of the ho,ho,ho vw beetles).... :roll: roll on by....

·
Silent but Deadly
4,359 Posts
:lol: :lol:

I did grab a WL Ho-Ho Beetle a few weeks back, just because it was a WL...

·
2011 VW NB Final Edition
2,031 Posts
I have yet to find a VW Karmann Ghia on the pegs...hmmmm... I have yet to see the Universal Monstor VW's on the pegs....hmmmm.... Must still be popular especially in our area of the world.

·
2011 VW NB Final Edition
2,031 Posts
That is my 1950 split window beetle. I had him parked at the fest in the century center this year. He is a future 1:1 JL. :wave:

Ron aka vwowner

·
Banned
2,477 Posts
its all about location,,,,,,ebay is a pretty big location for everyone,,,,they generally sell well there.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
There must be some VW nuts in my area. I went to a store today and found the new Holiday Classics series. I'd say there were probably 3-4 of each car, except there wasn't a SINGLE VW in the bunch. No bug and no ghia. Everything else was still there. It's unreal how fast these guys grab the VW's. I'm not complaining though...better than having em warm the pegs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts