Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Tingler Finished

This is The Tingler kit that I am currently working on. I've sculpted some wrinkles into the apron , which are difficult to see here, and made a teardrop shaped base from balsa wood that is sealed with modeling paste. The base sits atop a peanut butter jar lid, to make it float. ;)

This is just roughed in, more sanding will be required and I have a Tingler cage to build. I may also extend the table with sheet styrene, depending upon how much room is going to be left on the base.

I have added Rick Evan's resin bookcase to the rear of the model, which I think looks good, but I am looking for a skeleton in scale with the kit. Vincent's character had a skeleton on a display stand in his lab. I may add the Pain Parlor skeleton rather than the bookcase, or possibly keep both.

I am also thinking of scratch building an examination lamp similar to this one and placing it behind the table.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
That looks like it will be a nice build. I am curious though as to whether you are using parts from the Moebius Dr. Jekyll as Mr. Hyde kit? I know there were some mods out there for the kit to convert it into other models. In fact I have the Invisible Man conversion for it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bob,

This is a conversion kit for the Jekyll/Hyde model. You can get these from either John Apgar or Tom Parker. I also have the conversion kits for the Peter Cushing Dr. Frankenstein and the John Barrymore Jekyll/Hyde. yet to build.

BTW Fritz, The Headless Hearseman has some nice nameplates that go well with the other two kits.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Bruce; great job so far! I think the PP skeleton will be a BIT small for this dio :1/13 scale vs 1/10 (arguably) on the Jekyll, although if you increase the "footprint" of the dio so the skeleton is more in the background, you could use forced perspective. :thumbsup:
Tom

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for the kind words Tom. I'm really enjoying this kit as it is one of my favorite Vincent Price movies. I think the 1/13 skeleton will be OK since it will be at the back of the base, as you said forced perspective, and also consider that Mr. Price was quite tall. His head is higher than the skeleton's which is hanging with both feet off of the ground. Check the screen grab below, you need to break out your 3D glasses since I converted the movie to 3D. Note the floor lamp in this still as well.

Here is a still that I was able to find on the web that has a fair closeup of Mr. Price and the skeleton from the film. At 6'4", and not even standing fully erect, he is much taller than the skeleton even with it hanging on a stand with it's feet dangling off of the floor. I think the 1/13 Pain Parlor skeleton will be close enough, we will see when it arrives.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, I've finally finished The Tingler.

I took the liberty of making the Tingler bloody since it was supposed to have just been removed from a dead body.
Although it was not covered in blood in the movie, it would be if the movie was remade today. The apron was the most difficult part of the build as it is a separate piece of resin. I used a hair dryer to add a nice bend over the right leg then carved wrinkles into the apron.

This conversion kit was a blast to build and it is definitely one of my favorite models.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Really nice job on that modification. Did the apron come with the resin mod kit? I also believe you added the bookcase from the other modification kit. Was the bookcase included in the mod kit as well?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.