Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Elder Statesman
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Working on a new project... The Three Stooges... I really like these kits.

I've built 7 or 8 sets of the Stooges over the years but never for myself.... I always wanted to do a custom base so here's a WIP shot...

- Denis

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Is Curly a murderer? Did he decapitate Moe and Larry? Curly looks great and I'm certain the others will as well the way it is going. Did you make the base or buy it and if so, who makes it?

·
Elder Statesman
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is Curly a murderer? Did he decapitate Moe and Larry? Curly looks great and I'm certain the others will as well the way it is going. Did you make the base or buy it and if so, who makes it?
Thanks, Bob!!

The base is made from pieces I had laying around from other kits.... the floor is the resin floor from Moebius for the BOF kit (although I cut it up a bit), the column is from the new Moebius Dracula, the column base is from the Ygor resin kit from xo-facto, the vase is from the mummy kit by Polar Lights and I added in a rat for good measure!.

I'm doing just a little work to the figures to improve them.

Otherwise straight out of the boxes!!:)

- Denis

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Looking good Denis, and I agree with Chris ...Your base looks Great :thumbsup:
Denis

·
Elder Statesman
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, Chris and Denis!!

I always thought about a different base and finally got around to doing one. I'll post more pix once it is completed.

- Denis

·
Registered
895 Posts
Nice job!
I too have this set but I started with Moe.
I'd originally intended to do these in grey scale but I've never done it before and may make my first grey scale project just a single figure, like Frank or Drac.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts