Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
The orange one is the best, because it is close to the color of my Dad's real one, factory orange... too bad my dad tried to modify his.. (think big block pontiac)

·
Registered
793 Posts
slythorne said:
The orange one is the best, because it is close to the color of my Dad's real one, factory orange... too bad my dad tried to modify his.. (think big block pontiac)
Pontiac never made a big block but I still would like to see pics if you got any.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I'm not crazy about the lowrider look, but I'll be looking for these anyway. I love Things. Had a sunshine yellow 1973 myself. I'll always miss that car. :cry:

·
Registered
793 Posts
slythorne said:
Oops.. your right.. Oldsmobile. Toranado engine.
Sorry dude, still not a big block.
Buick,Olds, and Pontiac never made a big block.
350,400,403,445 heads,intakes will all swap around.350 Pontiac heads will bolt rite on to a 455 Pontiac. There wideblocks or big looking engines as mom would say and can have serious cubes but were never considered a big block.
Kind of confuseing aint it. :drunk:

G

·
97XR7 said:
350,400,403,445 heads,intakes will all swap around.350 Pontiac heads will bolt rite on to a 455 Pontiac. There wideblocks or big looking engines as mom would say and can have serious cubes but were never considered a big block.
Just to add a little confusion :) , some Canadian Pontiacs (and a line called 'Acadian') in the 1960's were badge-engineered Chevys and were available with big-block Chevy motors. :freak:

The pics of the Jada Thing are impressive. Very nice! :thumbsup:

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,828 Posts
97XR7 said:
What is a big block?
The bigger Oldsmobile blocks (400-425-455) added cubic inches by increasing deck heighths. Intakes are not interchangable. I have personally never come across a Olds (or Buick for that matter) man who said his tall block Olds was not a big block motor.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Can you please be less disrespective to the users.. so I don't know what a big block is. So what.. you don't have to rub it in. :( Whatever it is, it is a lot bigger than the original pancake!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Sorry slythorne, Just trying to help educate, not trying to make you look dumb.
Atencio, most guys wouldnt. Kinda go's back to the saying mines bigger than yours.
Not too many are gonna say I have a 455 CI small block.

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,828 Posts
97XR7 said:
Not too many are gonna say I have a 455 CI small block.
Then there are us who used to lie and try to pawn a 428 Cobra Jet off as a 351 Windsor. You would be suprised given blue valve covers and no chrome on the engine how often that used to work :tongue:
The few times it didn't I would always confess and say, "yeah its a 390".

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Leave it JADA to slam a glorified golf cart :lol: I do like them though. And just to chime in, I don't really think it would matter if the motor was a big block or not. Stuffing any kind of V-8 in one of these would lead one to wonder about the sanity of the person attempting to do so :D :roll: :wave:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts